this doesn't look normal..

165.5 pounds and these man boobs really will not go away and I'm starting to worry I am going to be stuck with them forever.

I can't tell if its mostly skin (sagging),fat or actual breast tissue
uoymvzc5rnzl.jpg

Replies

• annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    I think a side pic as well may help to better answer your question. Although from what I see that is breast tissue, and not excess skin.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    I think a side pic as well may help to better answer your question. Although from what I see that is breast tissue, and not excess skin.

I have 1 that was taken 2 weeks ago but I was sucking my stomach in (but you can still see my chest)
    5t183mtzrufa.png
  • Looks like pecs to me! Sometimes we are our own worst critics. I think you look great!
  • annangelich
    Still looks like breast tissue, which is normal for a male, but if you are unsure you should ask your physician.
  • Maqneta
    Still looks like breast tissue, which is normal for a male, but if you are unsure you should ask your physician.

Ive been looking at pictures of people my weight and they all don't seem to have the chest and I keep reducing trying to get them to go away (which they will not) kinda sucks honestly I hate taking my shirt off!
  • Maqneta
    Looks like pecs to me! Sometimes we are our own worst critics. I think you look great!

Thank you wish I could see them as pecs and not boobs :(
  • annangelich
    Have you recently come down a bit in weight? I would really consider asking your doctor the next time you go in... especially if it is something you don't like or are concerned with. They will be much better than I am at answering your questions, but I have seen this before in men ...
  • Maqneta
    edited October 2014
    Have you recently come down a bit in weight? I would really consider asking your doctor the next time you go in... especially if it is something you don't like or are concerned with. They will be much better than I am at answering your questions, but I have seen this before in men ...

I have been dropping for awhile in terms of weight (the 2nd picture was 168 first 165.5)
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Talk to doctor about it - they really might have some experience with this problem. It does not look like pecs- don't fool yourself. ...you are right to worry. Build up your chest muscles and I'm sure it will look better in 6 months or a year.
  • annangelich
    You have come a long ways in your journey (peeked at your profile) this is pretty normal. I would start adding some chest exercises, tone and define what you have there. You are also young. Your testosterone is at a high point and that can promote tissue growth, if you want to understand it better I really recommend seeing your doc. I really think that it is just a wonky stage that young men go through and especially after losing weight. You look great. your dedication to your weight loss and your drive are awesome. The only thing I can think of (if this a recent "growth" in this area) is that it may be gynecomastea ... and again I would tell you to ask your doctor.
  • Maqneta
    You have come a long ways in your journey (peeked at your profile) this is pretty normal. I would start adding some chest exercises, tone and define what you have there. You are also young. Your testosterone is at a high point and that can promote tissue growth, if you want to understand it better I really recommend seeing your doc. I really think that it is just a wonky stage that young men go through and especially after losing weight. You look great. your dedication to your weight loss and your drive are awesome. The only thing I can think of (if this a recent "growth" in this area) is that it may be gynecomastea ... and again I would tell you to ask your doctor.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Look like pecs to me too, particularly the side view

but yes to weights programme to focus on the shoulder - arms - chest - back
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm not a doctor, but I do work in a surgery clinic. Get a professional's opinion, but to me it looks like you may have gynecomastia - some overweight men CAN develop breast tissue, and unfortunately, even after significant weight-loss, the only way to really get rid of it is surgery. Work on strengthening your chest muscles first and see if that helps, but if not, gynecomastia is an actual medical condition and surgery for this condition is considered non-cosmetic if it affects your self image. If so, the procedure is covered under most insurance plans. The good thing is, your "man boobs" are not that bad. :wink:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    mxmkenney wrote: »
    I'm not a doctor, but I do work in a surgery clinic. Get a professional's opinion, but to me it looks like you may have gynecomastia - some overweight men CAN develop breast tissue, and unfortunately, even after significant weight-loss, the only way to really get rid of it is surgery. Work on strengthening your chest muscles first and see if that helps, but if not, gynecomastia is an actual medical condition and surgery for this condition is considered non-cosmetic if it affects your self image. If so, the procedure is covered under most insurance plans. The good thing is, your "man boobs" are not that bad. :wink:

^^^ this is good advice.

work on strengthening all your muscles though, not just your chest muscles. Don't be one of those guys who skips leg day.

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Could be some gyno but hard to tell since you also lost so much weight. It could be just excess skin. See the doctor but start a full body strength program as soon as you can. It might fix itself without surgery or meds.
  • Maqneta
    mxmkenney wrote: »

Thank you! :D
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Also not an expert, but check in with a doctor. Could be tissue. They would be the one who would know what the next step would be. In the mean time lift heavy, that will help. Chest exercises will help but focus on entire body as well. Don't want to be one of those people who skips leg day...
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    You keep posting this question over and over. It's not nearly as bad as you think. If this issue really bothers you, please go see a Dr! They can give you the best advice. You are not stuck with it forever. If it is enlarged breast tissue you can just have it removed.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    I would speak to your doctor the next time you go!!

Maybe a small little operation to remove the excess skin??? If you have lost a lot of weight - This normally happens!

With me when I lose weight, my boobies disappear... If I put on there bigger :wink: