what would you eat off this menu?

Options
124»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing... $17 for a fricking SALAD??? Ridiculous!

apparently, you do not do Vegas well...
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

yes LOL. But as I pointed out it's all comped so it's free. But yes otherwise I'd totally agree with you!

so far I have 6 votes for steak
    6 for salmon
    and... 2 for Lotus of Siam LOL!!!!

You would not be LOLing if you had ever been there, you would be like COMPS SCHMOMPS.

I was laughing because that place is so amazing that people keep mentioning it. I totally believe you! I forget what show I saw it on but have wanted to try it out ever since.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

yes LOL. But as I pointed out it's all comped so it's free. But yes otherwise I'd totally agree with you!

6 for salmon

You would not be LOLing if you had ever been there, you would be like COMPS SCHMOMPS.

I was laughing because that place is so amazing that people keep mentioning it. I totally believe you! I forget what show I saw it on but have wanted to try it out ever since.

It's so great - but now that dummies like me can't shut up about it, it does get really packed. Tip from a semi-regular: take a cab there but use Uber/Lyft to get home because it always takes the cabs ages to get out there and pick you up.

• hortensehildegarde
    edited October 2014
    Options

6 for salmon

It's so great - but now that dummies like me can't shut up about it, it does get really packed. Tip from a semi-regular: take a cab there but use Uber/Lyft to get home because it always takes the cabs ages to get out there and pick you up.

Do you think it'd be safe to walk there from Stratosphere? I have an odd phobiaish thing that makes me prefer to avoid cabs/Uber/Lyft, especially in Vegas. Same problem with the bus.
  • pattyjoshockley
    pattyjoshockley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Top sirloin (only eat half) with seasonal vegetables and fresh fruit. If you don't get extras on the meat..5oz of it shouldn't be too bad.. And the others are veggies and fruit. You may have to account for some butter if they're not just steamed veggies

Me too. I love steak with veggies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

6 for salmon

Do you think it'd be safe to walk there from Stratosphere? I have an odd phobiaish thing that makes me prefer to avoid cabs/Uber/Lyft, especially in Vegas. Same problem with the bus.

I wouldn't walk it alone for sure, but in a group I think you'd be ok. It just might take awhile!

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the quesadillas (ask for it to be brought out at the same time as the main food) and some outrageously named mixed drink.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

6 for salmon

I wouldn't walk it alone for sure, but in a group I think you'd be ok. It just might take awhile!

I've walked that alone, drunk, and counting money. It's fine.
  • evilqueencathy
    evilqueencathy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    If my calorie goal was 2500-3k I'd eat whatever I wanted... dont see what the problem is

That's what I was thinking! I would probably not eat anything else all day or just exercise more if it was too much. I enjoy myself on the rare occasions I go out.
  • liz1531
    liz1531 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chicken or steak fajitas, no rice and no tortillas.
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would get the salmon, or the veggie wrap, or the turkey avocado swiss burger!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Practicing how to order at a restaurant that serves Texan cooking? 1. This is pleasure food! Eat what you want! If you wanted more choices to eat smart, go to a salad buffet. 2. I would get the Old West burger on a romaine lettuce bun (keto dude here). Boom. Done.
  • cherubsfly
    cherubsfly Posts: 10
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Grilled chicken wrap and walk home. Maybe a pecan pie too if I fancied and I'd been eating under target previously.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger on a lettuce wrap vs. the bun, hold the Swiss hold the sprouts, add mushroom and a side salad w/vinegar and oil. I'd also get a side of veggies (assuming they weren't drowned in butter), and a side of slaw. I don't drink alcohol so ice water with lemon.

I have eaten there before and they had a salmon burger special... omg it was just about the best salmon burger I had ever had. They are happy to make substitutions as well.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'd have the sirloin steak with a salad; the chili soup; or the chicken caesar salad w/ dressing on the side.
  • CrystalCM10
    CrystalCM10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BBQ Salmon with half the rice and increase the veggies :)
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    I'd do some kind of BBQ, either the salmon, pork, or chicken depending on my mood. But at a place like that I have to try the BBQ. :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Either the BBQ Chicken Salad without the fried onions and mustard sauce, or the Honey BBQ Salmon (but keep in mind that salmon can still be high in calories, so depending on the portion you may not want to eat the entire serving. Based off the other items on their menu, I'd also ask whether the vegetables it comes with is served with butter or not. If it is, ask for it without butter).
    But anything in moderation :)
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    10oz steak, BBQ beans, and the veggies. And a beer to wash it down.
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

6 for salmon

I've walked that alone, drunk, and counting money. It's fine.

sounds like you know how to do Vegas.

And thanks sofaking6! Seems everything takes a while to walk to in Vegas- it all looks so close!

(also continued thanks for everyone's comments :) )