dont feel like going to the gym, what would you do?

Options
Ok! so this is my first blog,
I feel today i just need someone to say that its ok to not go to the gym.
I have been feeling so tired/ drained and weak and cold. im having tests done at the doctors, but today i just really feel it, and i cant be bothered to go to the gym. i usually go 4/5 days a week for an hour + strength training. (these past 4 weeks i have lost 9lbs after getting back into a steady routine)
Do you think i should go? or do you think its ok to skip a day to just sit and relax for the evening?

also friends are welcome to add me.
Thank you :smiley:

Replies

• TJP_
    TJP_ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5 hour long sessions of strength training is a lot - you need rest days to recover and allow your body to repair. What does your routine look like?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    not sure if srs? Rest days are an important part of a healthy workout routine.
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    TJP_ wrote: »
    5 hour long sessions of strength training is a lot - you need rest days to recover and allow your body to repair. What does your routine look like?
    - my gym usually consists of, walking to the gym (warm up) then run/ walk on the treadmill for about 40 minutes (usually burns about 200 calories) then do my weight training such as, chest press, leg press, squat with 15kg, lat pull downs, and weighted lunges. :smile:

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    its ok.
    important to listen to your body.
    i ignored early advice to take rest days and paid the price by overtraining ,reducing perforformance and muscle mass.regretting it now.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Go for a run or a power walk - the fresh air will do you some good and the workout will give you some more energy.
  • jenbikeswim
    Options
    You are in danger of overtraining at that pace. Google overtraining. You have all the symptoms. And if you don't take a regular break (like 1-2 times per week) from your training, you're not gaining any advantage.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you're fine. you're not even overdoing it. People hear 'strength training' and assume that it means always lying comatose in a puddle of sweat at the end. I walk 6 miles a day 6 days a week and work out at the gym lifting weights 4 days a week. That's pretty much 2 days with a low impact commute to work and 1 day where i do absolutely jack.

take a day off for your brain and then jump back in and go hard. My only tip is to make sure you are eating enough and getting enough iron and protein - just so you dont burnout from lack of fuel.

Best of luck and keep kicking bum!
  • ArwaMuslimah
    ArwaMuslimah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When i feel like u now i stay at home enjoy fruits and facebook or reading something with a popcorn
    Dont be stressed like that ?! U can even dance at home invite ur frnds and enjoy !!
    The fault u've done that u go 4\5 days a week without giving ur brain its right to have a break ...relax for a while then keep going that's it
  • w006cmd
    w006cmd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tired and cold? I was cramping all the time and so tired went to dr. to get blood work and found out my iron was so low I was told not to exercise I had to concentrate on getting my iron up. Then I was able to start exercising again. Good to listen to your body
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Quiet honestly a lot of that depends on "tests done at the doctors"
    are you having blood pulled? Is something seriously wrong?

If you're just having 2 tubes of blood pulled I'd go anyway- but if you're legit sick- best to stay home.

But just not going because you feel under the weather isn't a good enough excuse not to go.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I wonder if she went or not.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    fak- we got necroed.

I didn't even check.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Do what you can, do it the best that you can. Get that wanting validation crap out of your head. These people aren't going to make you all better when you fall into a cycle of selling yourself short. It's your life, own it.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    b4ef0tn3pt6u.jpg