Shooting in Parliament in Ottawa

Options

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Pretty crazy, everything is on lockdown...
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    feel bad hope no one else gets hurt
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    They just said a shooter ran into the mall and they heard shots with police chasing him. still all rumours though, one shooter is dead.
  • Swaggs51
    Options
    i am watching it online they were exchanging gunfire inside parliament inside the corridors
  • Swaggs51
    Options
    Hope all is safe
  • DespinaDV
    Options
    I just read that they there was only one shooter and that they shot him dead. Only one officer got shot and is injured, but everybody else isn't harmed.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    My bf just texted me about this!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Watching the news in Ottawa from here in Montreal with horror and dread! They're confirming at least a second shooter, somewhere near the Rideau Centre. And apparently Sgt-at-Arms Kevin Vickers shot the Parliament shooter and is responsible for probably saving lives.

More breaking news here: http://live.cbc.ca/Event/Ottawa_War_Memorial_shooting
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    oh wow. that's pretty crazy. hope all is ok. .....on a lighter note i'd just like to point out how in that yahoo article linked in OP, they thankfully correctly used "loose". :neutral_face:
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I work with the gov't and it's all we've been emailed about... very unnerving considering not 6 yrs ago I was working very close to where this all took place in a gov't bldg... hard to believe.... my thoughts to those caught in the kaos!!
  • Swaggs51
    Options
    Best of luck Kari
  • DespinaDV
    Options
    @segacs I am also watching from Montreal. this is kinda scary to see what is happening right now. Just when you think it can't happen where you are, think again.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Crazy. I'm listening to it online on the CBC since my son is home for lunch. Thought they got the shooter but now they won't confirm anything.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm a few blocks from Parliament Hill and we are still in lockdown. Very scary and unnerving!

Karen
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Yikes stay safe!
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Watching from Sherbrooke, QC. Shocked and scared! Hope the best for the injured soldier!
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    DespinaDV wrote: »
    @segacs I am also watching from Montreal. this is kinda scary to see what is happening right now. Just when you think it can't happen where you are, think again.

So true!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Can't believe this!! Breaks my heart
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yup, heard about that from a co-worker this morning. I hope that the injured soldier is okay. Pretty scary after those two soldiers got run down recently by that maniac.

Here in Winnipeg they found 6 dead babies in a storage locker this week. What is going on in this country? Just nuts.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    There was also a guy arrested in Montreal yesterday for driving his car into 2 soliders!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/newsalert-one-2-soldiers-struck-car-dies-injuries-102246926.html