What is your favorite running shoe and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am an absolute shoe *kitten* :) I wear Asics, Saucony, Mizuno, New Balance, Brooks and I have a pair of Salomon on the way! With so many good shoes available, why limit yourself. I have run marathons in the Asics, Saucony and the Mizuno. I am sure the Brooks and New Balance would work for me too.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You need to go to a running shop and get a gait analysis done. They will them recommend the best shoe for you. I always wear Asics stability shoes as I over pronate but different shoes suit different people.

Ditto. I found a new shoe over the summer that I tried and ended up with plantar fasciitis for it. I was looking for a trail shoe with bigger grippers for my rainy NW runs. BAAAAAD decision. I'm getting over the PF (not running AT ALL) and back in my trusty Asics stability shoe.

Over-pronators, unite! ;)

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I prefer the left shoe over the right...........
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I do trail running, and I really like Saucony Xodus. Love the sole and just fits my foot great.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Asking what is the best running shoe is just like asking what is the best haircut. All is subjective. You should look into it more and ask at a proper running shop rather than just try Brooks because 'you have heard that they are good', because there is more to it than initial comfort levels.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I prefer Scaucony.

agree.gif

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly neutral and found a good "home" in Nike Free 4.0 and 5.0 for the road and Vibram FiveFingers Spyridon MR for the trail
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Agreed that you need to get fitted.

I typically run in Sauconys. Brooks don't fit my feet correctly. I am currently in a pair of Mizunos...I like them, but they are putting pressure on my spot on the top of my foot. I'm giving them a few more tries to see if I can get that area to stretch out some, but it's looking like I'm going to have to get something different.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I ran in Adidas for years but have recently found Karhu and they have been awesome. Go to a Running Store they really can help since they specialize in this. Good Luck

Beware Running is addictive

29509743.png
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I was previously running in Brooks Ghost 6 (after having a gait analysis/fitting done). When I had worn them out and needed new shoes, I had another analysis done and was recommended the Brooks Ghost 7 and the Adidas Supernova Glide 6. The difference between them was VERY subtle, but I ended up going with the Adidas because there is this awesome foam in the shoe that feels like you're running on clouds or something. I've been running in them since late July and have done all of my half marathon training in them (my half is on Nov 2) and I absolutely love them. Of course get an analysis done, but if these are recommended, definitely try them on and see if you like them.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You need to go to a running shop and get a gait analysis done. They will them recommend the best shoe for you. I always wear Asics stability shoes as I over pronate but different shoes suit different people.

Ditto. I found a new shoe over the summer that I tried and ended up with plantar fasciitis for it. I was looking for a trail shoe with bigger grippers for my rainy NW runs. BAAAAAD decision. I'm getting over the PF (not running AT ALL) and back in my trusty Asics stability shoe.

Over-pronators, unite! ;)

Yep I only wear Asics too. I've tried different brands and I have issues. I heel strike and I over - pronate so I have to be careful. I did buy a cheaper style and I've noticed issues with my knee, so I'm going back to the Nimbus.
  • lucycw87
    lucycw87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Inspire! I've had two different versions and a New Balance shoe in the middle but I feel so much better in the Mizuno's. My current pair are bright pink which I love!