Insanity - calories burned?

Options
Hi i was wondering if anybody has any idea how many calories you roughly burn doing the 50 minute insanity workouts (i.e. cardio plyo, cardio circuit, cardio recovery etc). I dont see them coming up in the search and at the moment I am just using the generic circuit training but not sure how accurate this is. Many thanks for any help/advice!!

Replies

• CarlsbergLewis
    CarlsbergLewis Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i burn anywhere from 500 to 750 depending on the workout
  • carolanne121
    Options
    how do you monitor how many calories you have burned? sorry i am totally clueless at this! lol
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use a Heart Rate Monitor and usually burn between 450-700 depending on the workout but I know some people can burn more
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Roughly 625? It can be moderately high or low but between 5-800calories I'd say. This being vigorous exercise of course(the very harsh is about 1000 over 50min).
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
  • CarlsbergLewis
    CarlsbergLewis Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    get yourself a cheap heart rate monitor from ebay
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I also use a heart rate monitor. It comes out at about 100 calories more than the MFP ones - however I also use a calculator rather than the one on the monitor. See http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
  • yaeger07
    Options
    I burned 460 today doing plyometric cardio circuit. I burned 240 doing the fit test earlier in the morning, so I may have not been able to push myself as much.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    in first month between 500-600 and exercises in second month between 740-900 as it is more intensive... I was using polar chest strap connected via bluetooth to endomondo app on ipad
  • splashtree2
    Options
    Hi i was wondering if anybody has any idea how many calories you roughly burn doing the 50 minute insanity workouts (i.e. cardio plyo, cardio circuit, cardio recovery etc). I dont see them coming up in the search and at the moment I am just using the generic circuit training but not sure how accurate this is. Many thanks for any help/advice!!
    Between 480and I would say almost 600 if you pause when they do