ALREADY FAILED? AFTER ONE DAY?

Options
I did so well all day! And when I got home I ate a tiny bag of chips with 210 calories in it!
Omg! How are you guys so strong?

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You so didn't fail. Just count the chips and move on ... now. Not tomorrow, not next Monday.
    That's it. We're not super strong. We just have perspective and keep moving forward. :)

You'll be fine. :)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You have failed NOTHING!!!

It was an honest mistake, and one that we've all done. It's ok, it really is. End today the best way you can and remember that tomorrow is a fresh day.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You so didn't fail. Just count the chips and move on ... now. Not tomorrow, not next Monday.
    That's it. We're not super strong. We just have perspective and keep moving forward. :)

You'll be fine. :)

DITTO!!!!!!!!!! That is how we are so strong :wink:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    The good thing about this program is "it is not a pass fail class" You need to change your menatilty and embrace the life change you are about to make and realize it is the progression of many small steps that will get you to your goal.

You need to plan for those weak moments and do better next time.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It isn't a failure. You made it all day doing well. The next day you will make it all day or even a few hours longer than you did today. It is a learning process. Here is a quote I stole from someone that I really like "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to that counts.” Just keep trying and you will get there. It takes time to change our habits.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    You didn't fail, unless you just quit all together for good.
    The thing is, that is how you learn. It takes time, as you are logging, to see how easy it is for you to go over
    Or what foods, times of day, and emotions cause you to go over.
    I learned that eating at night was my hardest challenge. This site taught me to even out the calories more, working out earns me more, and to eat a bigger dinner later.
    If I wanted an extra night time snack, I'd get in a workout.
    This is about learning how to work your calories and how to get fit.
    Just because one day you go over is NOT failure.
    Do you think everyone who loses weight doesn't have a day where they go over?
    Heck I have one of those per week! Just keep going.
  • Carek99
    Carek99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you beat yourself up every time you don't make your goal, you are sabotaging yourself. Each day is a seperate attempt.
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    You've only failed if you decide that you give up and aren't going to try again. Everyone has days where they don't make the best choices. Try again tomorrow. Once you make a habit of picking the right foods and being healthy, it becomes easier. It just becomes your routine.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not a "failure"! And "success" isn't a number, either. Just log it and get on with life. You can do it!:smile:
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You really didn't fail. As long as you are honest with yourself you won. This is better than eating and not reporting.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Not a fail, you realized it and that was more than you were doing before. Now learn and move on. Do some extra cardio this evening to make up for those cals.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You did NOT fail. You just fell off the bandwagon. Just get back on it girl. This has happened to all of us I bet. Just don't get discouraged and keep going...pretty soon you won't be craving "junk" so much.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You did not fail! If you deny yourself nothing will work, just do a bit of cardio to cover it if you are upset about the calories. It's the only way I don't feel horrible having 1-2 servings of cookie dough ROFL!
  • vhoule
    vhoule Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You have not failed.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It's just commitment. We accept that we will have ups and down. We just accept it, log it and move on.
  • Cjtumlin
    Cjtumlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that, whether its the first or 101st. Just remember, perfection is annoying to the rest of us! Give yourself a break and keep going. You'll get there! Before you feel too bad, think of this...the last time I went off the rails it was with an over 500 calorie chocolate turnover! See? You didn't do so badly!
  • parisianskies002
    Options
    lt's really easy since joining this website.
    A bag of chips is nothing! Seriously, you'll become more motivated once you start logging and adding friends on here to help motivate you.
  • iverayna
    iverayna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last night was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robins to support the local firefighters. I had some, I dont feel bad. My FAVE is the Daqueri Ice. YUMMY!! Why feel bad? Feel bad if you eat an entire bag of chips or a tons of ice cream and deny or ignore the fact that you had it. Move one from it and know that having "bad" things are ok IN MODERATION. I earn mine by working hard and never losing sight of my ultimate goal.. To be healthy....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A 200 calorie snack is not a failure. Eating an entire jumbo party-sized bag of chips... that might be a failure. :wink:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You didn't fail you just ate some chips and now your feeling guilty about it. Log it ,work it off and move in it happens! Don't beat yourself up over a few chips.