What do you weigh 5'9/ 5'10 guys ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 150 lbs, 60 yrs old, and somewhere around 12% to 14% bodyfat, depending on what method I use. Medium framed, I think. Recent pic is in my profile.

FWIW, I take bodyfat readings every Saturday morning using a bioimpedance scale, skinfold calipers using a single site and triple site measurements, and a tape measure. The bioimpedance scale has me between 10% and 12%. The tape measure has me around 11%. The 3 point skinfold has me around 12% to 13%, and the 1 point (suprailiac) skinfold has me at 14.6%. That last one hasn't changed in the 6 or 7 weeks since I bought the calipers -- it's always exactly 14.6%.
  • kharev
    kharev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft10, 22 years old. Was 210lbs beginning of the year and now down to 162lbs give or take at about 13 percent bf. I look way smaller but I would place myself as medium build. Decent 6 packs but about 13 - 13.5 in arms I would guesstimate. Lean bulking when summer hits but I feel personally that 175lbs at 10% bf would be ideal for our height. I'm looking to do a recomposition to that size and weight over the next few years but happy being skinny Rob for now.
  • Vertisol
    Vertisol Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm almost exactly the same height as you (just under 5'10") and weigh 75kg (down from 96kg). I chose 75kg because it was at the upper end of the 'ideal' BMI range. I'm 50 years old and was lookingto stay leaner as I get older. At 75kg I think I'm pretty lean - I can still lose about another 19kg and remain in the 'healthy' BMI range but I think that would put me into the scrawny category and I wouldn't look healthy at all - of course that might be because I like the difference between the beginning of the year and now, others might think I need to lose a few more kg :)
  • whateverfloats
    whateverfloats Posts: 22
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I weigh 130lbs. Which might be a bit skinny for a man but suits me fine. I am thinking about getting down to 125 though.

Not sure if "guys" means just men or people generally. Anyway, I've got skinny legs but a bigger upper body.
  • Colt_Luger
    Colt_Luger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    195 and going down! 5'10"
  • whateverfloats
    Options
    Oops. It seems guys was meant in the restrictive sense...Ignore me. :)
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and currently at 166lbs would like to be below 154 but will see .. never worked out until now ..not very muscly or heavy set .. I'm trying to lose the weight and keep the lean muscles I'm building up right now..that would be ideal for myself.
  • codyzanthraxx
    Options
    5'11

high 240ish

current 186

not done
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm about 5' 9, used to be 5' 10" lol... I'm currently 248 pounds... Down from 285
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Oops. It seems guys was meant in the restrictive sense...Ignore me. :)

Haha, dont' worry, I know there's a similar ladies thread around, in fact it was what inspired me to start this one :smile:

I'm all for being inclusive, and not restrictive, but figure for the purposes of gathering a good cross-sample of info here, it would be best confined to just male weight :smile: