Is bread fruit paleo?

Options
Hyspin
Hyspin Posts: 76 Member
Is bread fruit paleo? Why or why not?

Please don't answer if your not familiar with the fruit.

Replies

• cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think it would be....I haven't eaten it in a while (I don't even know where I can find it here), but I used to eat it often when we lived in PR. Very good when mixed with plantains to make Mofongo!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm neither familiar with the fruit, nor do I like being told what to do on my internets.
  • Hyspin
    Options
    My mother brought it here in Toronto and bammy (cassava) as well and I think they could be good bread replacements but I wanted to make sure it doesn't have any canceling qualities.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar, but I do what I want.

Surely if it's a 'fruit' then by definition it is?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Not familiar. So what is it? Be specific so folks can tell you yea or nea when it comes to Paleo. If I was running would I want to eat this? If I was Paleoing would this be something I'd eat raw?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    If you have to ask, then it's not paleo.
  • Hyspin
    Options
    Lol, it seems everyone answers when I say don't answer unless you have the answer. I should use this on my transverse abdominis question in the other forum. Ha ha ha. Still don't have answer there.

Brb I am so going add this sentence in my other thread.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. It's a legitimate fruit and looks to be full of vitamins and minerals, thus meeting the nutrient dense guideline.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If Paleolithic man lived in a place where breadfruit was an accessible source of nutrition, then he would have eaten it.

The same goes deep-fried Twinkies.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've always been curious about bread fruit. I have heard of it but have never seen it anywhere. No idea if it would classify as Paleo.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    depends on where you base your Plaeo diet.
    European: no
    wherever Breadfruits come from: yes

I'm sure the fruit is older than actual bread
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Hyspin wrote: »
    Lol, it seems everyone answers when I say don't answer unless you have the answer. I should use this on my transverse abdominis question in the other forum. Ha ha ha. Still don't have answer there.

It's an open forum. You can't control who can or cannot answer your threads. Get over it.

• Hyspin
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lol
    603reader wrote: »

It's an open forum. You can't control who can or cannot answer your threads. Get over it.

Lol I did that why I going to add it to my other thread to get answers. Silly, I am loving this not hate, don't be hater. Lol
    I just said don't again. Hahaha :smiley:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Is Jell-O with fruit pieces built-in paleo?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Is Jell-O with fruit pieces built-in paleo?

Only if you make the Jello in the shape of Dinosaurs

• Hyspin
    Options
    If Paleolithic man lived in a place where breadfruit was an accessible source of nutrition, then he would have eaten it.

The same goes deep-fried Twinkies.

I like your quote I must use this later.

Excccccelllent!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Lol
    603reader wrote: »

Lol I did that why I going to add it to my other thread to get answers. Silly, I am loving this not hate, don't be hater. Lol
    I just said don't again. Hahaha

lady, you're 33. Don't say "hater".