Shooting in Parliament in Ottawa

Options
2»

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    saivalis wrote: »
    There was also a guy arrested in Montreal yesterday for driving his car into 2 soliders!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/newsalert-one-2-soldiers-struck-car-dies-injuries-102246926.html

In Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, actually, which is about 40km from Montreal on the south shore.

The media is going to speculate like crazy that there's a link between him and today's incidents (and also last weekend's shootings in Chambly) but until there's any evidence to indicate that, I think it's irresponsible to jump to conclusions. Conspiracy theories don't help anyone and just instill panic.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the soldier has died ... :'( feeling sad for the family
  • segacs
    Options
    Yes, it's now been confirmed that the soldier has died. One suspect is also confirmed dead. No other news just yet.
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe. We in Canada have been pretty much immune to this type of activity. A sad day indeed. Remembrance Day is coming up. Please attend a service in your community and please educate your children.
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My heart is saddened by this. Our local MP was in the building and thankfully was safe. Today in the city of Halifax NS there were reports of a gunman running around in the downtown area and our city is on lock down. Soldiers are instructed to not wear uniforms. I am sure all of Canada is feeling very uneasy but we are strong and will not be intimidated.
  • segacs
    Options
    Very moving speeches and ceremony from Parliament Hill this morning, and at the National War Memorial.