Best and worse fitness gadgets/ accessories of all time?

Options

Replies

• ElBriano
    ElBriano Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Of all time? Has to be Radium Water as a cure and energy enhancer: http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/quackcures/radith.htm
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    w734q672 wrote: »
    lol do you know what company made your foam roller?

Not sure, I got it off of Amazon, but it's one of the black ones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAEJ3V8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ETA: link to foam roller
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAEJ3V8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sweeet reccomendation

• Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Worst:

In the early 1980s my dad wore this while running:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/unknown_bone_fone.html

You wore the Bone Fone FM radio like a rolled towel behind your neck and over your front shoulders. It sat on your chest with stereo speakers. I still tease my dad that he ran with it while wearing cut off jeans, a belly shirt and knee high socks.

I don’t remember it lasting very long before it stopped working.

OMG! I totally remember theses and was looking for it a while back! It was kind of cool when you think about it, you didn't wear ear buds and could hear sounds around you!
  • ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sam, on the knee sleeve--I see there are some that have a opening at the kneecap, and some are solid. Do you know when one would be better than the other? Thanks.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Knee sleeve - I have a solid one that I don't do anything without. It is pretty sweaty though!
    -
    Ankle weights - awful, plus I couldn't make the strap fit my ankles so I was black and blue from it sliding down.

I'm getting a foam roller.
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Yes the black ones are the best!!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I like to use this foam roller video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=e7532_4B-d8. It's short and sweet, but it gets the job done. I need to find some more, but for now this one is doing the trick.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

lol. Try the trigger point one. It hurts so good.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Perform Better sells a good foam roller. The Rumble Roller and Rumble Roller Beasty are worth looking into as well.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Best: good shoes (for runners); good socks; Polar RCX5 multisportswatch with gps and HR strap for running, biking, roller blading...; fitbit one activity tracker (great motivational tool); bandelastics for muscle work; elliptical and spin bike for cardio; music device (iPod,telephone...); water bottle system for long runs
    Worst: worn out running shoes
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Self massage. Tennis and high density rubber balls similar to lacrosse balls. Put two balls in a sock with knots to separate and close sock. Cheapest massage units I ever bought. Works great on butt, back, shoulders. See vids on YT. There's many good ones. I like Dr. Peter Percuco.

Foam and Rumble roller. Rumble is good when advancing.

About sweaty and stinky gear. Wash with a corkscrew of 7% vinegar. Someone told me at the instructor course. I do it now on rotation with all gear: sports bra, t - shirts, wristbands, shoes i insoles, shoes etc. No damage on compression tights either.
  • Billtrek613
    Options
    I personally love the beachbody videos.. P90X is my fav. I am now doing a hybrid P90X and Asylum that kicks butt. But I also enjoy jumping around my garage gym like a crazy person. :) Also, if your looking to "unload" that 50lb vest, let me know. I would love one. I have a 20 that I use a lot, esp for Pylometrics.
  • w734q672
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    Self massage. Tennis and high density rubber balls similar to lacrosse balls. Put two balls in a sock with knots to separate and close sock. Cheapest massage units I ever bought. Works great on butt, back, shoulders. See vids on YT. There's many good ones. I like Dr. Peter Percuco.

Foam and Rumble roller. Rumble is good when advancing.

About sweaty and stinky gear. Wash with a corkscrew of 7% vinegar. Someone told me at the instructor course. I do it now on rotation with all gear: sports bra, t - shirts, wristbands, shoes i insoles, shoes etc. No damage on compression tights either.

Nice, reccomendations! I might try that concoction on my gear
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    4. Flip Belt- I don't know why I didn't think about inventing something so simple. Think stretchy waist band with pockets for your keys or ids. Basically, you can carry your valuables around your waist without having to use a locker or leaving them on the ground for someone to use.
    Oh I've never heard of this, thanks for bringing it up, I'll add it to my list of stuff to buy next time I'm in the US ;)
  • w734q672
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Worst: Ankle and wrist weights. The idea seems good, but they will screw up your joints.

Best: Chinup/pullup bar.

Ankle and wrist weights are horrible. I can't believe I forgot to put them in my list. They would be ranked second on my list of horrible gym gadgets.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Worst: Ankle and wrist weights. The idea seems good, but they will screw up your joints.

Best: Chinup/pullup bar.
    I use ankle weights to add weight to pull ups, chin ups and hanging leg raises.

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Anybody remember these absurd devices?
    otfg3fl0sn0r.jpg
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Loved the commercials…but don’t know if it did much but get me aroused.
    5jvp4xqck77z.jpg
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    Anybody remember these absurd devices?
    otfg3fl0sn0r.jpg
    That is the first thing that popped into my head!