5ft7.5 and 125lb want to be 118-120

Options
PinkyQT
PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Is this realistic?!

I'm a 5ft7.5 female. I weigh 125lb right now (I checked my weight this morning and I was 127... but I think its water or hormones lol)

Could I get to 120lb or 118 if I eat right, exercise 6x a week.

Anyone lost 5lbs in 2 months?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Depends on the body's needs and such. Are you sure you need to lose weight? Right now you're on the low end of 'normal' for your height. At your current stats it may be difficult.
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    Depends on the body's needs and such. Are you sure you need to lose weight? Right now you're on the low end of 'normal' for your height. At your current stats it may be difficult.

I know, I've been stuggling! I managed to get from 132 to 125 by healthy eating this summer but i did not work out.

I look better skinny :) I have a small frame

I don't believe in BMI to be honest.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to be 118 and you are 5'7?? That doesnt sound very health to me...you seem to be right where you should be.
  • PinkyQT
    Options

Why would you want to be 118 and you are 5'7?? That doesnt sound very health to me...you seem to be right where you should be.
    Because I have a small frame, I am also abit puffy around the waist...

I probably sound emaciated at my current weight, but I'm not. Weight looks different on everything.

And even though I don't agree with BMI, 118 and 5'7 is still in the healthy range.

As long as I eat 2000 cal or 2500 on exercise days and have my nutrients, have my period (which i do) then I'm fine.
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and the weight range you are aiming for is for someone my height. Its too low for you. What it sounds like you aren't happy with is how your body looks at the weight it is. To change that you need to lift heavy. I suggest stronglifts 5x5.
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and the weight range you are aiming for is for someone my height. Its too low for you. What it sounds like you aren't happy with is how your body looks at the weight it is. To change that you need to lift heavy. I suggest stronglifts 5x5.

I don't like the muscle look. I like the dainty, slim look.

Also, its within the healthy range
  • NewMeowLean
    Options
    120 is still within the BMI healthy range for someone that is 5 foot 7. I think 5 pounds in two months is a good goal since it averages half a pound per week and since you are already thin. Good luck!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Its incredibly hard for women to put on muscle, especially when eating at a deficit. Look in the success story thread for pictures of women who have lost through lifting heavy. I guarantee that what you see will be the body type you are looking for.
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    Its incredibly hard for women to put on muscle, especially when eating at a deficit. Look in the success story thread for pictures of women who have lost through lifting heavy. I guarantee that what you see will be the body type you are looking for.

Okay thanks will check it out!
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    ilibc wrote: »
    120 is still within the BMI healthy range for someone that is 5 foot 7. I think 5 pounds in two months is a good goal since it averages half a pound per week and since you are already thin. Good luck!

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I agree with lifting. It'd be much more beneficial to your body (muscles serve so many purposes!) and will help get rid of that "puffy" look. Toned does not equal the muscle look. Women have to try extra hard to bulk up from lifting.

You obviously want that specific number on the scale though, so why not try to lose the weight and see if you can maintain it? That is the only way to find out if it is realistic for you.
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    I agree with lifting. It'd be much more beneficial to your body (muscles serve so many purposes!) and will help get rid of that "puffy" look. Toned does not equal the muscle look. Women have to try extra hard to bulk up from lifting.

You obviously want that specific number on the scale though, so why not try to lose the weight and see if you can maintain it? That is the only way to find out if it is realistic for you.

Do squats, push ups etc have the same effect as lifting?
  • NewMeowLean
    Options
    Check out blogilates.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and fluctuate between 118 and 121. My original goal was 115, but I found that lifting is getting me to the body I want without really losing much scale weight. I am not "bulky" or muscular. You have to eat a lot to build muscle. Check out a program like Stronglifts 5X5.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm 5'7", I have a small frame, I know what my calorie goals come out to be, and I'm sorry, but some things in this post don't add up. You say you are going to eat between 2000-2500 on exercise days - how much are you eating on non-exercise days?

The appearance of muscle is a matter of body fat%. If you lose enough body fat, you'll have the muscle look. But if you keep dieting down to lower and lower numbers without doing any kind lifting, you're going to be exactly where you are now with a lower number on the scale. Frankly, it sounds like you would benefit more from a recomp to get the look you want than focusing on being a certain number on the scale.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You won't necessarily look muscly when you lift weights. Here was a really good article that I read about it (it's geared towards trainers and how to deal with women clients who want the slim look, but I think you can still get a ton of great info from it):

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Thirds on the lifting--I don't think you need to lose that much weight, but work on building lean muscle mass while reducing body fat.

I am about your height and I weighed 118 when I was about your age. Obviously everyone is different, but that was too low for me personally--I was constantly cold and it hurt to sit down for long periods of time because my butt was so bony. My goal weight is where you are right now--fit enough to wear size 4 pants, but not so skinny that it hurts.
  • PinkyQT
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Ok, I'm 5'7", I have a small frame, I know what my calorie goals come out to be, and I'm sorry, but some things in this post don't add up. You say you are going to eat between 2000-2500 on exercise days - how much are you eating on non-exercise days?

The appearance of muscle is a matter of body fat%. If you lose enough body fat, you'll have the muscle look. But if you keep dieting down to lower and lower numbers without doing any kind lifting, you're going to be exactly where you are now with a lower number on the scale. Frankly, it sounds like you would benefit more from a recomp to get the look you want than focusing on being a certain number on the scale.

1900 on non-exercise days? Is that good.

• PinkyQT
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Thirds on the lifting--I don't think you need to lose that much weight, but work on building lean muscle mass while reducing body fat.

I am about your height and I weighed 118 when I was about your age. Obviously everyone is different, but that was too low for me personally--I was constantly cold and it hurt to sit down for long periods of time because my butt was so bony. My goal weight is where you are right now--fit enough to wear size 4 pants, but not so skinny that it hurts.

Okay thanks :) I will bare that in mine, if I get too small I will do something about it. I will probably not get to 118. 120 is more realistic