So this one time ....

Options

....I got a job in a gourmet coffee shop. I love sugary drinks so I had lots of those all day long. After all, they were free! Chai lattes, mochas loaded with whipped cream, etc. And then one day something really embarrassing happened to me.

The side zipper on the black work pants I was wearing broke. It was fastened but I guess I bent the wrong way and there was just too much girth to keep it in. It was a pretty long zipper, so when it broke the pants pretty much just fell down at the waist. It wasn't like I had a backup pair, and we couldn't think of any solution other than to use safety pins to fit the sides together all the way up the zip. I looked like some kind of confused emo coffee girl.

After that I cracked down on my eating habits and started logging everything into MFP, and I've successfully lost 50 pounds since! Sometimes, every once in a while, I even have a chai latte. :)

Anyone out there have a story like this one?

Replies

• invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow 50lbs! congratulations! how long did it take you? I had to start losing weight after being too heavy to sky dive...mortifying!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!

I was too heavy to ride schoolmaster horse, which is what I'd wanted to do after having to have my 16.3hh DWB darling put to sleep last year. My weight was okay on my own horse a few times a week for an hour or so a time, but not on effectively a school horse. Mortifying! Now, whilst I wait for my youngster to grow up, I'm working on reducing my weight and increasing my fitness ready to have some fun with him next summer :smiley:
  • tdhdee
    tdhdee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On my way to work one day I had a sneezing and coughing fit (bad cold). My pants button snapped off, hit the steering wheel and caught the corner of my eye! That same day we had a football playoff party in at work and pictures were taken of everyone in their favorite team jersey. It was my job to upload those photos to the company FB page and was I ever embarrassed. This pic is me that day and me from last month. Quite the difference. And I will never go back there again.... Still a journey but 32 of those pounds are gone!

vo4qz9.jpg
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I love the way you told your back-story! Congrats on your loss!
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Thanks guys, great stories!
    Wow 50lbs! congratulations! how long did it take you? I had to start losing weight after being too heavy to sky dive...mortifying!

It took me about 8 months. I'm nearly done with losing weight and mostly focused on toning with daily exercise now. :)

• tinat0622
    Options
    You look great. What an inspiration for someone (me) just starting this journey. Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!