Digging Deep

Options
2»

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me this year, 64 pounds gone... I don't give myself the option of working out/not working out, or staying on plan/not staying on plan. Working out is just part of the day, just like brushing my teeth. I get up and go. Admittedly, there have been some days that I just didn't go. Ok. Then, the next day was back on plan. Same with food choices. If there were times that I wasn't perfect, then the next day was new!! I was back on plan.

Just don't let it be optional!! It really works!
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Icoza87 wrote: »
    I do the same thing. I don't have any answers, but I do plan on watching that video after work.

Don't keep procrastinating. You're not breaking the cycle. Just watch the video at work instead of putting it off. If your boss asks, your working on personal and proffessional improvement for the betterment of the company.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Inconsistency can be a sign that the methods you're trying to use are too extreme to be sustainable. If you're willing to accept that results will come more slowly than you may want, you can try something more gradual.

I was going to say something similar.

When I get down or frustrated, I tell myself my favorite quote: She believed she could. So she did.

• victoriaalice40
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    What has worked for me this year, 64 pounds gone... I don't give myself the option of working out/not working out, or staying on plan/not staying on plan. Working out is just part of the day, just like brushing my teeth. I get up and go. Admittedly, there have been some days that I just didn't go. Ok. Then, the next day was back on plan. Same with food choices. If there were times that I wasn't perfect, then the next day was new!! I was back on plan.

Just don't let it be optional!! It really works!

This is very true. Just make it routine.
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    corduanji wrote: »
    Icoza87 wrote: »
    I do the same thing. I don't have any answers, but I do plan on watching that video after work.

Don't keep procrastinating. You're not breaking the cycle. Just watch the video at work instead of putting it off. If your boss asks, your working on personal and proffessional improvement for the betterment of the company.

Ha! Awesome.