Favorite snacks or "quick foods"

Options
SaraJRosburg
SaraJRosburg Posts: 43 Member
edited October 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I work in an office, and I do not want to hit up the vending machine. So I try to bring some items for snacks throughout the day...

What are some of your favorite healthy snack foods or quick on the go foods?

Replies

• jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sliced tomato, with some pepper and salt. Simple, and delicious.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    coconut chips (just the plain toasted with nothing added). beef jerky. raw unsalted almonds. If I'm done eating for the day, some yogi tea (with or without coconut milk).
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i order from graze.com and get snacks every 2 weeks they are healthy low calorie snacks from natural whole ingredients. i keep those at the office
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    drinking helps me too like a cup of coffee
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of just plain fruit. Helps w/fiber intake and always filling for me.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My cube neighbors probably hate me, but I eat pouches of tuna. Yup. Sometimes with mustard.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love love love Emerald's 100 calorie cocoa almond packs. I get my chocolate fix but it keeps me full much better than a chocolate bar would.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    100 calorie bags of popcorn. String cheese. Small pack of almonds. Carrots. Apple. Cherry tomatoes. Cucumber slices. Popcorn cakes. Popchips. Lots of water. Starbucks Via coffee. Green tea.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    chocolate almonds (in moderation, like 4 or 5), fresh or dried fruit like apples, grapes, apricots, plums, other nuts, cottage cheese and veggies like carrots and celery, spoonful of peanut butter (mom would give me them as a kid, so good for a quick boost of good fat and protein when you need tiding over till supper).
  • sherri30170
    sherri30170 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Rice crispies, Kellogg's Special K Pastry Crisps, banana, pretzels
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i eat a lot of cottage cheese.

im also a huge fan of pretzel sticks being used as a vehicle for trader joes speculoos cookie butter (regular or cocoa swirl...it doesn't matta).
  • gwenlatus77
    gwenlatus77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the edamame steam packs that you can get at Costco or Sams. There is a ton of it, it is packed full of protein and I can munch on it slowly throughout the day. The entire steam pack is only 140 calories. I am eating it now actually..
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love the edamame steam packs that you can get at Costco or Sams. There is a ton of it, it is packed full of protein and I can munch on it slowly throughout the day. The entire steam pack is only 140 calories. I am eating it now actually..

Great idea!

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Wholly guacamole. 100 calorie cups.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I portion out nuts and dry cereal (Fruit Loops!) and keep them at my desk for when I get hungry. The Fruit Loops are for when I really want candy/sugar and the nuts are a really good source of protein and healthy fats for when I just need "something". Half a serving of Fruit Loops is only 55 calories and an ounce of pistachios is 80.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I love my Graze boxes and getting to see what new snack I get to try! I tried Nature Box but didn't live those plus it was all stuff I can buy in the grocery store.

If anyone wants to try a free box of Graze use this code: JENNYD5FB

I think if enough people use my code I get a $1 off or something but no, I don't work for Graze, I'm just hooked on receiving these boxes!
  • yuxiii
    yuxiii Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try and keep it healthy with fruits or a handful of nuts (almonds, pistachios, walnuts) or a yoghurt if I'm feeling like something extra sweet :)
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    almonds or Kind granola bars
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of roasted pumpkin seeds (in the shell) every day. They help me meet my iron, fiber and protein goals, plus they're delicious. They are also really great for occupying my hands because I really have to work at eating them.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I keep snacks at my desk. Right now I have almonds, Good Bean crispy chick peas, wasabi peas and dry roasted edamame. I like crunchy.