Costco Haul?!

Options
I'm finally diving in and becoming a member at Costco this weekend. I spend way too much on Chicken Breast and Ground Turkey at my local grocery store. What things do you "haul" or buy at Costco? I want to be prepared and get the most for my dollar! Thanks!!!!

Replies

• Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    their meat is amazing! Chicken thighs, lobster tails, crab legs! Milk is cheaper there, but you have to be able to use two gallons. I like the canned chicken meat for protein. the sweet kale salad, the lunch salads, ummmm roasted chickens? Man I need to go to Costco tonight!
  • RunningMyPugandPapi
    Options
    My Costco has 24 packs of pre-peeled hard boiled eggs. I love those.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tilapia loins and and turkey breast lunch meat!! I've also been getting some Coleman chicken burgers which are really good and only 150 calories!
  • RockyMountainKAG
    RockyMountainKAG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Babybell Light Mini Cheese Wheels. 50 calories each and 6 grams of protein. You get a large bag of them for same price as small bag at grocery store. They also have their own Kirkland brand of non-fat Greek yogurt. It's cheaper than the Fage they also sell and I think it tastes better. Also, cottage cheese.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I love the madras lentils
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    A lot of stuff seems to be regional but our staples include: organic ground beef and chicken thighs, coffee, mixed greens, olive oil, nuts, maple syrup and soy sauce.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Campari tomatoes, mushrooms, avocados, Romaine lettuce, freezer ready 6-packs of chicken parts (thighs, tenderloins, breasts), seasonal fruit, Jarlsberg Swiss and Coastal cheddar, eggs, Kirkland bacon, Jimmy Dean natural sausage, salmon, butter, sour cream, cream, coconut oil, almond flour, frozen berries. I've been shopping at Costco for over 25 years--best deal going!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have an orgasm when i go to Costco!!!! LOL! I get blueberries, blackberries, Lettuce , Roma tomatoes their meats are the best meats. I get the big salmon and cut it in 5 oz pieces and have it for lunch everyday. I've gotten great wines. I love the samples and usually buy a bag!!! OMG I am getting excited just thinking about it LOL!!!!!
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lots of good stuff at Costco, even veggies & fruits: spinach, mushrooms, carrots, apples, milk, eggs...
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am at Costco at least once a week. I buy all my fruit and veggies, fresh and frozen, and most of my meat there. I'm not much of a cook so I am a big fan of the frozen meat items, salmon, turkey, beef, mahi mahi patties and frozen chicken thighs. I also get unsweetened almond milk, chia seeds, almond butter, spices and ground flax there. The frozen edamame is good too and I couldn't live without my joint juice from the pharmacy section.
  • goanothermile
    goanothermile Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Tri-tip roasts. Bananas. Sweet kale salad (love that). Brussel sprouts. Romaine lettuce. Asparagus. Frozen chicken. Apples. Coffee.

I love the hummus, tortilla chips, and cowboy caviar but I'm steering clear of those these days. Those are so good that I just can't stop eating them.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    lunch meat
    frozen berries
    butter, milk, cream, cheese
    almonds/pistachios/cashews
    chicken breasts
    organic ground beef

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I am the only one in my household so I rarely shop there. Plus, it's across town and very trafficy to and fro. If I do make it I usually pick up organic berries or a tub of mixed salad greens, razors and sometimes those white terry clothes from the car section for cleaning.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If I'm driving down to a US Costco, I load up on meats, butter, Greek yogurt, salad mixes, fresh stirfry mix, frozen fish filets, Dave's Killer Bread, Babybel cheese, and anything else that looks good and has a rebate. I also always swing through their clothing to see what's new and what need I can fill in my closet. And then get distracted by the Christmas decorations, and the bedding, and the...

Good luck getting out of there without spending at least $200. :P
  • Reader56
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken - save the carcass for soup stock, eggs, can't beat the price for frozen talapia which thaws in cold water in less than an hour, broccoli, carrots in the 5 lb bag!, all the other stuff people said. Here in the central valley of California, our beef prices at Costco have skyrocketed - hamburger for $3.79lb?? I don't think so. Ground turkey it is. Frozen OJ, plain yogurt, maple syrup, honey..... Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry treats..... the list goes on and on. Pay even money you don't get out without dropping a couple $100 or 3 ;)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts, Spinach, Asparagus, Langastinos, Scallops, Short ribs, Filet Mignon, Baby Back ribs LOL! I want to make a trip there now!!! I'm going to look for those Coleman Chicken burgers.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything, including much of my wardrobe. The only reason I go to the regular grocery store is to get something they don't have at Costco or to get the few things like onions or potatoes for which my family of 4 still cannot go through a 20Lb bag or whatever.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Madras Lentils, Morning Farm Chipotle Black Bean Burger, Acai Superfruit Packs, Guacamole, Cheese, mini cucumbers, pre-cut mango, eggs, kerrygold butter, Vitamin Water Zero, Torani sugar free syrups, 50 other things I didn't need until I walked by them....
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Apples, bananas, romaine, avocados, artichokes, berries, lemons, frozen vegetables, frozen fruit...

Salmon, chicken, shrimp, bacon, eggs, butter, soy milk...

Coach's Oats, almond butter, bars, protein powder, Diet Pepsi, bottled water, coffee, wine, bread...

Dog food and treats, kid treats, toiletries, paper goods, clothes, electronics, housewares, gifts, appliances, pizza, tires, decor, linens, office supplies...

Pretty much everything. I go to the grocery store for Claussen pickles and Boar's Head salami, for the most part.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bacon & eggs!