How long did it take you to see results?

Options
13»

Replies

• medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    TeeA86 wrote: »
    Ya, I think anyone going throught this process can relate to wanting to look in the mirror and think okay I look much closer to what I'd like to look like. Still getting up every morning like...looks the same lol

I'm on a 53 day streak and I still say this. Lol! I've lost 10 pounds already. I wish it would go faster, but I keep reminding myself "slow and steady wins the race." I have done the no carbs, no salt, no sugar diets... the weight always comes back. You got this! We got this! In six months, we will look up and say "looks completely different" Good luck!

"slow and steady wins the race.", This!!!!

I remember my first attempt of losing weight i went from 190 to 170 way to fast, using unrealistic diets for myself. and as a result i gained it all back PLUS MORE. So don't rush it and have fun with it!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Was hoping some of you could shed light on how long it took you to begin seeing results? I'm only 20 days in. Seems like the beginning is the longest wait to see change in your body.

You really need to remember that patience is a virtue. I am almost five MONTHS in and have lost almost 40. That first month or two will be an adjustment, a learning curve if you will. Figuring out what works for you and how to manage your cals and exercise. Relax, and measure by non scale things: how your clothes fit, how much easier exercise is getting, etc. The rest will Falk into place.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Was hoping some of you could shed light on how long it took you to begin seeing results? I'm only 20 days in. Seems like the beginning is the longest wait to see change in your body.

You really need to remember that patience is a virtue. I am almost five MONTHS in and have lost almost 40. That first month or two will be an adjustment, a learning curve if you will. Figuring out what works for you and how to manage your cals and exercise. Relax, and measure by non scale things: how your clothes fit, how much easier exercise is getting, etc. The rest will Falk into place.

Thanks. I've been posting sticky notes everywhere. Two on my desk "It's going to take time. Be patient." and "Rushing your mind won't make your body move any faster.." :) Patience is something I'm working on in life, not just in weight loss.
  • trungalung
    Options
    Took about two or three weeks in for me. I guess I luck out in the genetic pools because I lost fat in my upper abs and my man-boobs first. I think depending on where you lose it first that it will make a difference.

Now 4 months in, if I compare to the before picture, it will be night and day. Been getting a lot of compliments too.

Before: June 2014
    urrqggokvhk2.jpg
    After: October 2014
    nwwgvmwfcmdh.jpg
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 month and I only lost 11 pounds so far...but my clothes are falling off. I have had to have one batch tailored already and yesterday at work people were laughing at my huge pants.
  • applejax86
    applejax86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements along with weighing. took a few days for the scale to move. Two weeks for measurements and going on two months for very visible changes. I eat the calories set by mfp, stay with healthy food 85-90% of the time drink ALLOT of water lift heavy 3 times a week and do moderate cardio (usually a brisk 30-40 minute walk) on alternating days. I've lost 21 lbs, about15 inches (entire body), and 1 clothing size since 9/2/2014. And am down 36 lbs from my highest weight ever. Don't be in a hurry focus on healthy change and you'll see results. :) best wishes.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    As far as losing weight in general, it took me about 3 months to see significant changes. I went from 260 to 215 and barely looked different AT ALL. It was very frustrating. But once I got below 200 (I'm 5'11) every 3 or 4 pounds lost was highly noticeable. And then under 175, each pound lost was a difference and there were very few and far between.

At about 188 I started weight training and that took about 9 weeks of consistent 3-4x/week 45 min workouts to start seeing results but the results were drastic. And every 4-6 weeks after that I can see a recordable visible difference, even if i wasnt losing weight anymore, I was shrinking in the right areas and the right things were lifting up lol
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was 6'1", 53 years old, and 246 pounds when I started in May, 2014. I have a weight loss goal of 1lb per week.

I quickly noticed that I felt lighter on my feet in less than a month. I think at about 25 pounds that others started noticing a signficant change in me. I would also say that clothing fit much better since I was in denial about my weight gain. Finally, at my current state of 35 pounds lost, the security guys look twice at my ID to make sure that I'm me.
  • TeeMac64
    TeeMac64 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've used MFP for well over a year, under multiple names, each was deleted, except this one. I made this one in around summer/fall of last year, didn't take it seriously, I was over 300 lbs. and still had this childish delusion I was going to lose weight to impress people. Finally earlier this year (in February) weighing about 5 or so lbs. less than my MFP join weight, I decided enough was enough if I wanted to live without medications (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) so I changed my lifestyle. Since then I have lost around 45 lbs., and I feel the difference to others is very subtle, but I notice I am starting to have curves where there was just fat before. I can also fit into a size 18w/20w jeans, where before I was a 24/26 in jeans. No one outside of my mom and friends online have commented about seeing a change in me, which sometimes makes me feel sad, but I am not doing it for compliments, I am doing it to be healthy.

Love yourself now, show yourself love now in how you treat your body (feeding it nourishing food, moving it, etc.) and it will repay you later. The larger you are (like me, give or take) the more you have to lose to see changes usually, if someone who weighed 200 lbs. lost what I've lost it would probably be night and day, but for my starting place, it is more subtle I like to call it the "Spanx effect". Like I am a little neater & curvier, my face a little smaller, but it isn't dramatic, it will be I am hoping over the next 4-6 months!

---LOVE this! ;)
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options

It took me a month to visual see any changes. I had to take photos to tell. But I lost weight lifting weights so I was also gaining muscle so the scale wasnt changing that much at first.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My wife was the only one aware of my WOE and she noticed a physical change at around 25lbs-30lbs. I also noticed it the same time as i went down a belt notch.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    When I started, I had around 100 pounds to lose. For the first month or two, I was losing inches like crazy and nearly every day I could see noticible changes although I only dropped around 10-15 pounds.

Since then (approximately four months), I've gone down three jean sizes and 30-35 pounds. However the changes in appearance are much less noticeable on a day to day basis- dropping a clothes sizes every 1 1/2 - 2 months.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I found this quote helpful "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice." So at the minimum, it's going to take at least 3 months to see a noticable change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!