Hi there :) 25 and trying to lose 10 lb!

Options
I started working out again in mid August, because I'm not happy with how much weight I've gained in the last year and how lazy/low energy I feel lately. I started HIIT training, cardio and ab work 5 days a week. I've built some muscle, and I feel physical stronger. BUT I reached a standstill about a week ago, because I realized I was not losing ANY weight, and it's not just because muscle weighs more than fat. It's because I wasn't willing to give up some of my favorite foods - like Thai curry. Now I'm realizing that in order to look fit as well as be strong I need to actually start dieting... so here I am. I'm currently 5'4, and 135 lb. I want to lose at least 10 pounds. 15 is preferable. I'm sticking to a diet of 1500 cals/day and this site is a great way to track it. Here we go!

Replies

• EmmaFowle
    EmmaFowle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

When I started MFP I was around 160lbs, I'm only 5ft2 so I didn't carry the weight well at all. I joined a gym in Jan 2013 and have been going on and off since then. I have lost a total of 28lbs since then, but now I am on a mission to get in shape and keep it off. I've set myself a goal weight of 115lbs and will review it once I get there! I've just started a spinning class so I hope that will help alot, it's so much fun, I get such a buzz out of it. So I plan to do spinning 2/3 times a week and gym 2/3 times a week.

So I now have about another 12lbs to lose, I'm struggling to lose these last few pounds!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Struggling to lose a lot more than you guys but I definitely understand how hard it is to change the eating habits. I used to eat whatever I wanted without needing to watch it but that is not the case anymore! Feel free to add!