Tornado!!!

Options
WifeMomDVM
WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
Well, I wouldn't call this fun and games, but didn't know where else to post it. This is video of the tornado that hit Tuscaloosa, AL yesterday. It later grew into a 1.5 mile wide tornado that hit my hometown of Birmingham, AL.

The person shooting this video is not a professional storm chaser as he is CLEARLY on the wrong side of the tornado.

That being said, this is the most RIVETING tornado video I've ever seen.

Make sure you have your volume up as you will hear the tornado when he unrolls the window. The voice you hear talking is meterologist James Spann on the radio from ABC 33/40 in Birmingham.

For those who know the area, this was shot from the Belk parking lot at the McFarland Blvd. mall across from Old Navy, Coldwater Creek, and Five Guys Burger and Fries in Tuscaloosa.

Here's the youtube link. It really is an UNBELIEVABLE video!!!! This guy was extremely lucky to have moved out of the way in time!!! VERY CLOSE TO TORNADO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ&feature=featured

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my uncle lives in Birmingham, but I guess it missed him but not by far. Tornadoes can be scary, I've never seen on in person, we don't have many in my area.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I've been watching the reports and footage on the news. It's so devastating! My heart goes out to all those people!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When we moved to Kansas when I was in 3rd grade, tornadoes were my biggest fear! I'm 28, and I still get a GI upset every time we are in a watch, lol. I'm glad you are okay!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    ok let me say that that is sooo scary! it is amazing what mother nature is capable of.

that being said, this person is an idiot. obviously they are scared out of their minds, why were they following it?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i'm from birmingham and yea it was pretty bad, my area really didnt get hit, had a few trees down and power was out for a minute but it was awful especially in tuscaloosa and pratt city. we watched a live feed as it was happening and that was probably the biggest tornado i've ever seen. last i heard death toll was about 135 very tragic
  • MinaLaChangita
    Options
    This is TOO scary. One catastrophe after the next.

:(
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    I have family back that way, so my prayers go out to everyone back there. It's just a tragedy.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    p.s. Storm chasers are out of their frikkin minds!
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My God! My friend lives in Asheville...north of Birmingham....after reading this I called...all circuits busy.....I paniced...texted...thank god her fam is ok....she said alot of people lost everything.....so sad.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    They are NO JOKE I was a baby when the one basically rewrote the bokks and shattered the 'hill' myth in warren/forest counties in north west PA..and when I was in culinary school the tornado sirens scared the bejebus out of me