Using coconut oil in your hair

Options
13»

Replies

• VitalStrong
    VitalStrong Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've done this as well as used olive oil. It's really hard for me to get out; but I have fine, thin, straight hair. It may work better on thicker, coarse hair. My latest favorite conditioner is 1 T aloe gel, 1 T raw apple cider vinegar, and 3 T water. I used a squeeze bottle to get it all over my hair and leave it in while I shower, then rinse.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I love it….i use it after i wash my hair not before (whats the point LOL) I use it for texturizor since my hair is super baby fine, pin straight hair and i can't do anything with it but i would take a small amount and apply little by little to the end and work it to the top..you can put in your roots but your hands have to have the thinnest layer and just finger comb on just washed hair..i f hair is not washed then def. only the ends of hair***…i put some on my hands and body stepping out the shower on wet skin and air dry myself not towel dry and it makes my skin so soft and my skin just glows so much like there is oil all over me but not literally it just gives that effect and my husband gets jealous over how soft my skin is…..just a great way to make an ordinary natural product into and indulgent luxury that many don't know about
    free energy yeah! olive oil is awesome for hair and skin too-i have def. used olive oil too but didn't mention it for some reason..putting something on your skin that you would not ingest is not as smart….i like olive oil in my bath time..then shower rinse everything off wash hair and apply coconut oil :blush: to washed hair..love that plus the shampoo from the hair can wash off any residue from the oily bath water..but its so nice for your skin-significant difference for skin and hair what olive and/or coconut oil can do for it
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I want to try this tonight for a couple hours before I wash my hair. Anyone use this? feedback? :)
    I use it all the time to help manage my hair when I change styles...
    ud66m7xafo5i.jpeg

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    ^^^^Works for him! I use it occasionally too.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Was going to try it. Grabbed wrong bottle in my wife's bathroom. Used nair instead. Happy with the results though.

LMAO!!!!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well I love it! My hair is super soft and manageable! I even put a small amount on my face and hands before bed. I have it on my feet with socks on today at work. I told my husband this morning I will look like this when I am 80. He said that was creepy. He would be an old man and I would still look 40. lol!

Team coconut oil! :p
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use it everywhere! and eat it too... On hair, hour before shower. All over body when still damp from shower. They also come in pill form. Addicted.
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I use it from Head (after a wash to seal in moisture) to Toe (does wonders with dry skin) Its Amazeballs