Ordering Skinny Drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do diet and captain morgan all the way! Anytime you mix with juice or something of that nature the calories go up. I like the suggestion of alternating with a non-drink. Happy Birthday! Enjoy!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Just have a mojito. Delicious and one of the lower calorie drinks. Or straight hard liquor. That said, if I want a margarita, I have a margarita :smile: Which is a frequent occurrence ;)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I do happy hour several times a week and many places now have skinny drinks on the menu. You can just order one of them. They will not laugh, cause it is a thing now. If it weren't then there would not be skinny drinks on the menu. I went to this place yesterday for happy hour called the Elephant Bar. LOVED IT. Well they had several skinny drinks to choose from and they were also in the MFP database. So even though you can stick to just the basics, you can still order that skinny sangria, skinny margarita, or skinny mojito!

Happy Birthday!
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bar/restaurants usually carry skinny margaritas. Outback steakhouse has an awesome one. It tastes better than the regular. Skinnygirl Vodka is a popular brand as well.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd probably stick to spirit & diet mixer. I'm not sure how you would go about even making a 'skinny' margarita, it's only tequila, triple sec and lime juice.

There is a brand of drinks Skinny Girl Margarita. It's just lower proof alcohol so I think kind of silly. Just drink half a regular actual margarita and you get the same alcohol (a nice one, avoid the icky cheapo mixers)

OP if you are talking about the brand you can ask if they carry it. I don't think that would get you laughed at. I think Skinny Girl brand drinks are fairly well known these days?

yea thats the thing with all the lower calorie alcohols, they are lower calorie because they have less alcohol in them. So if your drinking for effect your just going to end up drinking more. And, if your not drinking for effect then i guess you could just have one or two and be happy... so i find them sort of pointless
  • cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! And seriously...enjoy your "first" real drink... if you like ritas... try tequila with crystal light lemonade...or Rum with Crystal Light Fruit Punch... I am loving cherry vodka with CL lemonade... and with everyone else... Do NOT drink & drive!!! Have a birthday to remember!!!
  • alisonw1551
    Options
    Vodka with soda water is the lowest calorie drink out there (approx 60 calories in one drink). Watch out for tonic as it has more calories than you think. If you need it you could do a tiny splash of lemonade or cranberry or add some plain lemon or lime juice and its even better.