How to Enter Recipes

Options
Raddichio
Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
I have been MIA here for some time, but decided to start tracking food again. I wanted to add a recipe (as I did many times in the past), and found the procedure totally confusing. In the past, I could choose individual ingredients according to brands, contents, etc. Now I'm just supposed to enter a list of all the ingredients and let the site compile the nutritional information. I don't like this for two reasons:

1. It often doesn't work and I'm left unable to get recipe entered on the site.

2. It now asks me to just enter all the ingredients in list form so that the website can assign values to each and compile nutritional information. I MUCH prefer using the old method, where I chose each ingredient from the database, according to what I actually use in the recipe, and then get final nutritional information. As we all know, the nutritional values for the same food can vary from one brand to another, etc., so the old method of entering one item at a time from the database was much more reliable.

Can someone give me any tips for using the new (and, IMHO, not improved) recipe feature?

PS---I did try to ask this question under technical support, but couldn't find a way to post a question there.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The new one SUCKS! Here is the link to the old one to use until they get the fumigators in to kill all the bugs in the new one ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    They need to fire the person who dreamed that last update up.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! I will definitely bookmark that. The new one is nearly incomprehensible and certainly doesn't work well either.
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump so I have the old calculator easily accessible.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm having the same issues so I just give up!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Won't save changes now..what a totally useless thing!! Loved the old one. So easy to use and to correct. What was wrong that it had to be changed????