starting again help

Options
I started mfp in january and i was doing great. Then there was a loss in the family and then moving to uni. I have decided to start again but need to break the cravinags and tirednes any tips ?

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough and not completely cutting out things you like - you can really eat what you like within reason as long as you stay at a sensible calorific deficit you will lose weight.
    - If you're tired it may suggest you are not eating enough, many people automatically start eating 1200 as this is what MFP suggests if you say you want to lose 2lbs per week but in many cases this is too low - find out your BMR and TDEE and eat somewhere between the 2 and read this..

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck :)
  • plaquechoco
    Options
    I believe it is best to lose weight slowly rather than going into a crash diet. Try to combine dieting with some exercise (walking, running, cycling, gym, workouts, etc). No need to check your weight daily, it will fluctuate, what matters is the trend. Keep busy!
  • jadekane
    jadekane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you .i have invested in a slow cooker to make sure i eat enough. Its so easy in uni to miss meals. Also have bought some protein powder to add to my healthy eating to make sure i am geting enough. The next part is joining gym classes because i live on campus theres hardly any walking to do :(
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you have the time, you can walk, living on campus or not. You don't have to walk to a certain place. Do laps of the campus, or walk the stairs in your building.