Women Only.....

Options
Anyone else out there have big busts and if so do you have any suggestions on what to do while working out. Before I started this journey I could never find a bra that could hold me up and I really didnt care about myself which of course led me to gain a lot of weight. Now as I am furthur along I am starting to care about my body and about a month ago I realized that the bras I had were way to big for me since I had lost the weight. I was really hanging bad for lack of a better word. So I went down to a 50 G and it holds me up somewhat and it must be doing its job cuz now I have cuts and bruises on my shoulders. I dont know if its the bras in general or because of the running and intense workouts. I dont want to stop working out but does anyone have any tips or suggestions or at the very least is there anyone who can relate? thanks :)

Replies

• miss_melissa_
    Options
    I had this problem before I had my reduction. I would go to bra specialty shops and have them made a sports bra for me. Honestly, I think getting a custom made one is best. I use to use a lot of tape before getting a good bra.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I wear sports bras when I work out. Could you try those? If not, I would recommend to go to a department store and get a proper fitting and ask for recommendations.
  • sweetdosia
    Options
    Is this a sports bra? Sports bras should be super comfy, and not scratch/bruise you
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well I wear a 56G and I wear alot of the playtex 18 hour bras because of the padded strap and the great support ... Normally with just that bra I feel completely supported and no pain or bruises ... If im doing something like jumping jacks because I dont run I do sometimes put a sports bra over my bra to reduce the little bounce I tend to get .... Hope this helps just a bit.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well I wear a 56G and I wear alot of the playtex 18 hour bras because of the padded strap and the great support ... Normally with just that bra I feel completely supported and no pain or bruises ... If im doing something like jumping jacks because I dont run I do sometimes put a sports bra over my bra to reduce the little bounce I tend to get .... Hope this helps just a bit.

http://www.womanwithin.com/Plus-Size-playtex.aspx?DeptId=11120
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If your shoulders are getting beat up bad maybe you need a smaller band size. Try a 46 or 48. The support is supposed to come from the band, not the straps. Have you had yourself measured recently? It's so worth it. I've lost a cup size and about half a band size since losing 20 lbs so I am sure you are no different.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You might be right that heavy workouts could be really taxing your shoulders. Even a good bra could do damage if you get a lot of friction, but I'd think you wouldn't have that much of an issue with it. I don't know if it you've looked at Enell bras, but they did help me be able to do jumping jacks and run. I know this sounds silly, but if you're exercising at home could you put something under the straps to cushion things until you heal up a bit? Just a thought until you can come up with a better solution.

I feel your pain, though...I get sore in my back just at and above the bra line and I swear it's from trying to run with these heavy things!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    When you're that big you need more support than a sports bra. I stayed with the 18 hr padded shoulder strap. It was very comfortable and held me in place so no bouncing around. It's a little pricey but well worth it's weight in gold. Once you've lost cup sizes, then you can look for a sports bra. :)
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    im only 36dd but i cant run because it is so painful there. I just do elliptical since its a more circular motion and no hard landing. I also wear a regular bra underneath a sports bra. and just try not to ounce too much. lol.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it, then i wear a built in bra tank top, then my t shirt!! It supports and absorbs the sweat!
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a 40 G and what I do is where a really comfy bra and a cheap sports bra under it. Also I would think about adjusting your straps they sound like they are too tight.
  • Shed4Wed
    Shed4Wed Posts: 25
    Options
    I didn't think about that before I started working out; it just didn't cross my mind. The first time the trainer asked me to do Jumping Jacks, I thought I was going to die! Believe it or not, I found a "high impact" sports bra online, and I LOVE IT! Those girls don't move when I do jumping jacks now. Plus, it clips in the back like a regular bra, so I can adjust the tightness when I start shrinking (added bonus).

I can't remember where I bought my first one, but I found a second one at ****'s Sporting Goods. I was surprised they had one this big.

Good luck!
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im a 36G and I wear a sports bra with a tight workout top (with a shelf bra) and then a tshirt on top. That way I have 2 bras on and it keeps everything in place. I understand your problem. I can never find bras or sports bras that fit me. I was fortunate to find some at target that they no longer sell.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular, soft yet slightly padded underwire bra, followed by a tank style sports bra, followed by a tank top with the built in shelf bra, followed by my regular shirt. ROFL! Only way to keep those girls in place on the treadmill.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it, then i wear a built in bra tank top, then my t shirt!! It supports and absorbs the sweat!

lol, I just posted the same thing. Great minds think alike! Plus it keeps them from touching which just feels nasty in a sprts bra
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't, personally, have the problem but my friend would actualy wear 2 sports bras...
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Enell bras are the way to go. They are a little pricey but you can usually find them on Ebay for $35.00. Worth every penny to me. I can run and there's no bounce what so ever.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I dont have (quite) that big a chest, but I find any any amount of bouncing very uncomfortable, I wear a sports bra over my regular bra, I have a 30 D chest, so its hard to find a good fitting sports bra, that has band support but is still big enough, so I double up on the bras, not the most comfortable thing, but its better than bouncing.
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ty everyone for the tips I will certainly take all your suggestions into consideration. Plus it helps to know I am not the only one that deals with this stuff! :) Have a great day!