Those who do tae-bo

Options
I have been doing tae-bo on and off since march of this year.. and I would like to see some results. If you are doing tae-bo and actually stick with it can you post your before and afters so i can become motivated to do it every day.. please and thank you

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Tae bo helps you increase stamina and endurance, and really helps tone your muscles. It will do NOTHING for your looks if you do not eat properly, though.

I wish I had before/afters to show you, but my Tae-bo days were littered with a terrible diet, so my shape didn't change at all. I did, however, get much better at keeping up with Billy during the exercises, and can kick pretty dang high. It is a very good program to stick with for a little muscle toning and a lot of cardio.

The biggest obstacle is to keep your diet in good shape while you are doing this exercise. I hope others have great images to share with you!
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tae bo helps you increase stamina and endurance, and really helps tone your muscles. It will do NOTHING for your looks if you do not eat properly, though.

I wish I had before/afters to show you, but my Tae-bo days were littered with a terrible diet, so my shape didn't change at all. I did, however, get much better at keeping up with Billy during the exercises, and can kick pretty dang high. It is a very good program to stick with for a little muscle toning and a lot of cardio.

The biggest obstacle is to keep your diet in good shape while you are doing this exercise. I hope others have great images to share with you!

Thank you for sharing.. I did loss 27lbs with tae-bo and the gym during my first month of doing it..
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just started last night, so I will have to keep you posted!
  • krystleRD
    Options
    I just started last night, so I will have to keep you posted!

Good luck, for me it took a week to get up to speed with him lol.. Its fun and you will feel it working.. which one are you doing?
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing Tae Bo Cardio, it's an older VHS tape I got from a friend, but I'm totally addicted. I'll post my before pic, which is basically now, later this evening!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I did Tae-bo for the vast majority of my weight loss along with weight training. I still do Tae-bo on my rest days. Here are some pictures:

Before (actually a little more than a year before I started losing weight Christmas of 2008):
    mechristmas2008cropped.jpg

After (A couple of weeks ago):
    Me-April12-2011.jpg

As stated, diet is essential. Tae-bo alone would not have brought these results they were primarily a result of careful calorie counting.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is awesome! I was doing it a few years back, so I don't have any pics to share. Sorry! But I can tell you that it WILL work if you stick with it. I lost a LOT of weight and toned up pretty quickly doing Tae Bo. You also become more flexible. I loved doing Tae Bo. I still do it every now and then.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Tae Bo since the begginning of the year.i still do it now,i dont do it everyday but its in my exercise for sure.I do This is Tae bo..I love Billy banks.Ive lost 20 lbs so far.Not much but it was Tae bo that made my energy level go up.The first day I did it,i cryed,i was only able to do 10 mins of it,now I can do about 45.I have my pics on my profile page if you would like to see my results.good luck!!
  • krystleRD
    Options
    I did Tae-bo for the vast majority of my weight loss along with weight training. I still do Tae-bo on my rest days. Here are some pictures:

Before (actually a little more than a year before I started losing weight Christmas of 2008):
    mechristmas2008cropped.jpg

After (A couple of weeks ago):
    Me-April12-2011.jpg

As stated, diet is essential. Tae-bo alone would not have brought these results they were primarily a result of careful calorie counting.

Great job sir.. A huge difference it has made..
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't do Tae Bo on a regular basis, but I do like it thrown in to change things up.
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    I borrowed the Billy Bootcamp set of DVDs from a relative to help boots things and use it to mix up my workouts. I love it because i sweat! And the strength training is perfect for me - toning and lean muscles. I also have to agree/chime in on the diet. Everything everyone is saying about diet is very true. It's going to help you burn if you are eating the right foods. That's what has helped me get over my plateau.
  • sumerabadi
    Options
    I am 180 pounds really wanna loose weight have been gyming 6days a week body is toned but not loosing on scale n not much on inches any diet menu with taeboo wana start tmrww
  • megadicegirl
    Options
    Do NOT believe that doing taebo will not allow you to lose weight, some workout plans work better for some and some don't work at all. You have to simply try. I did Taebo when I was 17-22, LOVED it and I lost over 60 pounds, that's the only workout program I did. I was doing 45-1 HR a day five days a week but I ended up getting ill and come to find out I had a heart problem. Luckily I now have the tools for better health and had my son who is three months old. I began Taebo again and guess what, I have lost 47 pounds! This was even after having a C-section!! It is a great cardio program, I use only two DVD's Ultimate abs/butt and Ultimate upper/lower body, it's four dvd's in two disks. It will kick your butt, but its worth the try!!

I wish ya good luck :) and remember, you have to try different programs to see what works for you. Oh and I also eat six times a day to keep my metabolism up.
  • megadicegirl
    Options
    Taebo will allow some people to lose weight. If it didn't work for you, try something else but discouraging someone isn't the way to go.
    I was a size 15/17 and went down to a size 5/6! And only using taebo.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I am 180 pounds really wanna loose weight have been gyming 6days a week body is toned but not loosing on scale n not much on inches any diet menu with taeboo wana start tmrww

Weight loss comes from eating at a calorie deficit, and it is virtually impossible to out exercise what we eat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbuzsY_34Q