First thing you noticed.

Options
To you successful lot...(anyone that has lost weight) :smiley:

What was the first thing you noticed about yourself when you started to lose weight?
More active? Loose clothes? Healthier skin? Etc. etc. etc :smile:

I haven't got to any stages of change yet and I know everyone changes in different ways, I am just curious :smiley:

Replies

• anovak1009
    anovak1009 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was definitely my energy! Once I started a good work out routine, I didn't feel as lethargic as I usually did.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yes, more energy and now that I've been riding stationary bike for a few months, I'm having trouble getting my heart rate up to the fat-burning zone. When I started riding the bike, my heart rate would hit 120bpm within minutes. Now it's hard to get to 97 bpm at all.

The 15 lbs lost are nice but the cardio improvements may eventually be life-saving.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The first thing I properly noticed was that my heartburn that hit me every day had suddenly stopped, that was a great feeling!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I can't really remember exactly but loose pants and heightened self esteem rank high ;)
  • bzitske
    bzitske Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 10 but I think the fact that I'm aware of what I'm eating and have significantly cut back on wasteful carbs and junk, I feel like I have a ton of energy. It's awesome!
  • oberlin078
    oberlin078 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First thing that I'm noticing is that my pants are getting too big and baggy, and I'm using holes on my belt that I haven't used in years!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I realized I had more room in my office chair. My pants got loose. I had more energy. I could bend over to pick something up without losing my breath. My feet and ankles quit swelling up. One of my rings fell off my hand. :D (Currently down 81 pounds)
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Energy and confidence.
  • FitStelley
    FitStelley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Energy level increased, pants were loose, and my confidence increased.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Only lost 14lbs so far, but already noticing that my forearms don't have as much of the fat pads on the top :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    my chronic indigestion went away...I snored less...just moving around was a lot easier and took much less effort...less pain in my joints.
  • nikiste
    nikiste Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My bras stopped fitting, ha.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    my face looked much better, also body curves started to be more visible and attractive
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    (Currently down 81 pounds)

great work :smile:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    physically would be my belt losing a notch about 30lbs and easier to clean myself in the shower and toilet. Getting basic hygiene back was one of my main motivators.

Lost an additional 192lbs since then.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My face lost a lot of its puffiness.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm short (5'0.5") so the first five pounds lost got me into smaller jeans and totally motivated me!
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    The very first thing was feeling more focused. I generally am anyway, but I felt a lot of clarity and structure in my everyday life.

The other thing was the immediate loss in my ribcage area which made my rack just look BANGIN'! :)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I noticed was an increase in energy. And I also noticed that I was sleeping better at night.

Then came the clothes feeling slightly looser, the improved mood, the reduction in sugar cravings, etc.
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Being able to bend over to tie my shoelaces without struggling to breathe and a huge reduction in my level of depression :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!