Beverages

Options
My name is Laura, I have been doing My Fitness Pal for about a month. My problem is, that I get really thirsty. I enjoy drinking water, but it gets old, and I really would like to find something else to drink. I don't drink sodas or drinks with chemicals in them. Fruit juices are full of sugar and high carbs. I would really like to find out what others are drinking that doesn't cause them to go over their daily totals.

Replies

• blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Tea or coffee are naturally low calorie without sugar. I drink gallons of the stuff.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, iced coffee, ice tea, all without milk or sugar. If caffeine is an issue you can make ice tea from herbal teas that have little caffeine--those make for some of my favorite ones.
  • llqoe
    llqoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will look at the store for some decaf. teas.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    llqoe wrote: »
    My name is Laura, I have been doing My Fitness Pal for about a month. My problem is, that I get really thirsty. I enjoy drinking water, but it gets old, and I really would like to find something else to drink. I don't drink sodas or drinks with chemicals in them. Fruit juices are full of sugar and high carbs. I would really like to find out what others are drinking that doesn't cause them to go over their daily totals.

Today was the first day I logged a fruit juice. You are very right about that. :disappointed:

Usually I'll drink: Almond or coconut milk, herbal tea, black tea, coffee. I add sugar to the non-sweet drinks for flavor but only a tsp. It doesn't have nearly the high cals of fruit juices or sodas.

• wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon juice in it, coffee, tea and a juice once a week, maybe twice but even then just 4oz of it. I get sick of water too but I still drink a bunch of it because it does great things for me, especially my skin.
  • RBRoy
    RBRoy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I enjoy seltzer water -- zero calories, no sweeteners. Put it in a wine glass to feel like you're drinking a cocktail :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I mainline tea. Not even concerned with drinking it anymore.

I just cut my arm open and pour it in.
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I buy carbonated water (not club soda because it has sodium) Just plain, unsweetened/unflavored, seltzer water. You can add raspberries (buy them frozen and let them thaw just enough for there to be juice and put in the water for flavor, lemon or lime juice or any other frozen berry/fruit works as long as no sugar is added to it. It is refreshing and the bubbles make it feel like I'm having something special. If I just add lemon or lime to it, I can log it as just water. If I add berries, I measure them out at about 1/4cup and then eat the berries for added fiber and log both the water and the fruit.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Zevia is my favorite soda, it has zero calories and sugar. So far as juice goes I only drink cranberry juice. I mostly drink water though. Oh yeah and I drink milk and herbal tea as well.

Celestial Seasonings has some great caffeine free tea. Lots of flavors. :)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas are my go to. I a sipping on some lemon zinger as I right this.
  • christinawade587
    Options
    What is you added fruit to your water for flavor?
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    llqoe wrote: »

I mix fruit and veggie juice I make myself. That's cool! I like lemon in my water and green tea with some honey. Sometimes I am in the mood for fruit juice and carbonated water over ice.
    Be creative - have fun! :)