Hi...I'm new..

Options
And I'm nervous. I'm actually on the Jenny Craig program but the forums over on that website are pretty lame. Hoping to get more support than what's over there. My program starts on Monday. Wish me luck.

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you wish you can add me as a friend, I'm not using that program, however I am more than happy to give you support
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The General Diet & Weight Loss Help part of the forum here seems to be the most active in my opinion.

I would say there is nothing to be nervous about. Start looking for areas in your life where you can make changes. Like more baked/grilled food and less fried. More water/calorie free or calorie light drinks in place of regular soda, sugary drinks. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator. That is a GREAT way to get started, in my opinion. Just pick a few things and focus on them for a week or two.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous. We are all here to help each other and be supportive. I log every single day, you can add me you like.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like for motivation and support :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I was on the Jenny Craig program 2011 and 2012. Got down to 190 lbs, but it does become a financial burden sometimes, and so I stopped it. I wish you much success with it! It is quite an easy program, buy the food, eat the food. But as you lose the weight you need to be in the moment always, and not look to the future. You have to lose the weight in your head before it stays forever from your body. (that was my problem) Celebrate yourself in each milestone. I am doing the program, using Lean Cusine, my own food choices and 100 calorie snacks. The logging is the BEST tool, because you become accountable, and that is a powerful thing :-)
  • RosieLoo24
    RosieLoo24 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no need to be nervous, if anything, there is plenty of reason to be excited for the things you are about to achieve!! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Michellebhayes70
    Michellebhayes70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We got this! :wink:
  • nflshera
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sheila. I am new...bought a fitbit this week. One of my new friends recommended connecting to My Fitness Pal as well. Excited to be a part of the community.
  • Penelope416
    Penelope416 Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Well I just want to say ... it's on and poppin on MFP!!!
    Feel free to ask any of us questions. We're always more than happy to help and support others. You're going to learn a lot too! :)

And btw don't be nervous. This is all a learning experience for all of us!
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My first real foray into losing weight was with Jenny Craig, when I was 15, nine years ago. Was on it for close to year, if I remember correctly, and lost about 45 lbs. Unfortunately after a couple of years the weight started creeping back up because I didn't really get the habit of keeping track of what you're eating when you're picking your own portions. But in conjunction with MFP I think you've got yourself to a really great start!