Low Cal Coffee Creamer Options

Options
I am having trouble finding a tasty low calorie coffee creamer.... Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Replies

• GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's not really low cal, but I switched from International Delight French Vanilla to Atkins French Vanilla shake (resealable container). I tried several alternatives, but nothing was giving me satisfaction. By using the shake, I added protein to my morning. I bought Skinny Girl - French Vanilla stevia in the squeeze bottle, so that I could eliminate the sugar calories. Since I don't like to eat right away, the shake gives me nutrients that help to prevent the energy crash later in the morning. I tried protein powders, but they were disgusting, and it was spoiling this simple pleasure. Compared to other shakes, this one seemed to have more natural ingredients and vitamins. I can enjoy my morning coffee just as much now, and feel that it's part of a healthy lifestyle.
  • ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you tried fat free half and half? My husband says it's fine in his coffee, and I've used it on berries. Land O Lakes makes it, but I've also found store brands at Shoprite and Aldi.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Have you considered buying flavored coffee instead? I just have that with 2 ounces of low fat milk and a pinch of sugar and it's great for like 35 calories.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I now you one tsp of powdered creamer (10 calories) and a tiny bit of stevia to sweeten it up a little. Better than the 25 calorie creamer I was using. I'm hoping to eventually drink my coffee black.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't wreck your coffee for a few calories. you can easily save those calories elsewhere.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee, but I've been putting coffemate sugar free creamers in my oatmeal for years. Currently I'm using the sugar free pumpkin spice flavor. 15 cals per tablespoon.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Almond Milk! I wouldn't recommend soy since it turns the coffee eerily gray.

Also 1 cup of almond milk is only 15-30 calories!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    unsweetened almondmilk with sugar free coffe syrups
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Just drink it black.

About 3 calories a cup. No need to track it.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I use the fat free half and half. I can't quite figure out what each of the 'halves' represent, lol, but it does the job for something like 9 cals/tbsp. Somebody suggested I try the soy coconut milk creamer. I am going to try that out tomorrow.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I just add a bit of lowfat milk to my coffee. (1% or 2%, depending on what's in my office fridge.) I stopped adding sugar to coffee years ago.
  • alihutch18
    alihutch18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I started stepping down on my creamer today... Maybe someday I can tolerate black coffee!!
  • ASNK27
    ASNK27 Posts: 5
    Options
    Go to bed bath and beyond. In the coffee section they have syrups. I get the hazelnut but they have caramel and almond flavor (and a few others)... zero calories, zero sugar... I moved away from creamer and sugar. I just drink my coffee black with a splash of that stuff.