not losing weight

hey guys
i have been struggling to lose weight ...i workout 5 days a week...n working out really hard for past 1 n half month...eating 1300-1400 cal per day...but my weight is not going down....i m 5'3 f ....although i hv been working out for d past 2 years ....my weight is stuck at 59 its not going down...i dont understand d prob. now i feel lyk giving up...coz my friends who r woking out with me hv lost 4 kgs already n i dont lose ny weight ...ny suggestions plzzz help m i eating enuf calories?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Could you open your diary? Have you lost any weight at all in the past 6 weeks? Are you using a food scale, creating your own recipes, and logging everything (no days off)?
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    my suggestions is your probably not eating enough since your working out, find out your bmr, then your activity level, try and aim for 1600-1800 calories since eating too low can damage your body, add me if you need help, goodluck
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Are you weighing and measuring everything you put in your mouth?
    Are you eating back half your exercise calories?

To see if you are eating enough, try www.fitnessfrog.com = TDEE calculator
    Fill in the form and deduct 500 calories. That will tell you how many calories for a pound a week loss.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Well, at 59k you're at a normal weight, so any weight loss is going to be very slow.

Do you weigh everything you eat on a scale?

Also, do you do any weight lifting?
  • amyy84
    amyy84 Posts: 9
    yes i do use weights 3-4 times a week...30 min. cardio 5 days a week....but m stuck at 59...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    amyy84 wrote: »
    yes i do use weights 3-4 times a week...30 min. cardio 5 days a week....but m stuck at 59...

Okay could you answer the rest of the questions as well? We can't help without all the information.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    OMG..I had the same problem the past three years.. two hours a day of very fast walking, half of which was up hill and zero pounds lost much of which was in the hot Summer sun!!... This is how I solved it: I changed what I eat completely and am eating low , healthy calorie food instead of two cups of yogurt twice a day which I used to think was sooo healthy then a normal meal at night like pasta-HUGE MISTAKE. I count every single thing I put in my mouth and lost weight already within 10 days. I'm middle age so I have the "middle age" slow down of my weight loss too. I do still two hours of exercise a day, now I've taken on a rowing machine and fill up on things like a bowel of blue berries, strawberries with one teaspoon of yogurt, one piece of 100% whole wheat bread. Or I'll have two cups of celery with a cup of cottage cheese and a piece of the bread. I drink a lot of water all day and enjoy a nice meal at night that is example: one piece of wheat toast , roasted chicken , vegetables, fruit-NO pasta etc. I wish I had been counting earlier as I wasted a lot of time! If you over eat then just add more exercise and try to stay where you're burning more than taking in. I write down honestly what I'm eating and I think that helps too as -Now I Know. I sabotaged my exercise in the past and thought I was doing better than I actually was diet wise.. I hope that helps.
  • amyy84
    no weight lost in 6 weeks it fluctuates betwwen 58.8-59 n sometimes more...i m vegetarian ...ys i log evryfood i eat everyday...it ranges between 1300-1400 cal...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    no weight lost in 6 weeks it fluctuates betwwen 58.8-59 n sometimes more...i m vegetarian ...ys i log evryfood i eat everyday...it ranges between 1300-1400 cal...

Do you use a food scale?

Open your diary please. My Home>Settings>Diary Settings
  • amyy84
    alright i m new to this site....i dont knw abt fitness pal food scale will log from now on
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    alright i m new to this site....i dont knw abt fitness pal food scale will log from now on

...and there it is.... :s

• amyy84
    no i hv been using noom for d past 2 years i log it dere....found dis site helpful so posting my prob. here
  • amyy84
    wat could b my prob. m i eating less cal. or wat??shud i start eating more?
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    no i hv been using noom for d past 2 years i log it dere....found dis site helpful so posting my prob. here

oh ....okay.....

but you still need to use a digital food scale....with just estimating...you can really mess up the weigh of food, which means your calories could be way over. A digital food scale is about 10-18 dollars at your local big dept. store.
  • amyy84
    ok thanks for ur advice :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    wat could b my prob. m i eating less cal. or wat??shud i start eating more?

You're probably eating more than you think you are. Log accurately for a month, with food scale. Then come back if you're still not losing. But be prepared to open your diary at that point.