CW~258
    LW~192
    GW~175
    I am 5'8
  • LanguidSloth
    LanguidSloth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 5'8 and have lost over 50lbs since having my son last year.
    Highest weight: 180lbs
    Goal weight: 120lbs
    Current weight: 127lbs

We can do this together! (:
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    5'8" lady success stories are my favorite of all!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    <~~~ 5' 9.5", 128 pounds. I had my third baby less than a year ago.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yippee! A me height one :-) I think I'm 5' 8 1/2", but may well have shrunk a tad as in my early 50s.

Started at 2 20 - ish; now (4 months later) I'm 206. I'm aiming for 140... Seems like a very long way away at the moment!

Was slim and fit until first child (20 years ago!), got most of my fitness and good size back, but lost it again with the second child and never really settled again.

In it for the long haul now. A change of lifestyle.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    5' 8"
    SW 183 (april 2014)
    CW 153
    Goal weight 140
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Syderelli wrote: »
    I am a bit taller at 5'9", but I figure I would share anyhow. :)

Heaviest weight was 267 lbs (I think both before pics were actually taken at 10 lbs lost too! ahh!!) Current weight is 205.6 lbs. The swimsuit pic was taken at about 214 lbs and the denim mini was a few days ago :)

35lzwqs.jpg

av6hk1.jpg

I have found success by drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, cutting out all full sugar sodas, trying to keep my diet protein rich, and squeezing in some sort of exercise 6 days a week. My favorite exercise has been the stationary bike. I know they get a bad rep but I make sure to go very very fast... about 120-130 RPM for at least 30 minutes a day on either the "rolling hills" setting or the "pikes peak" setting :):) I have recently discovered the stair treadmill, which I have really liked so far!

You're 205 in that pic!?! You look amazing!!! Can't wait until I'm that size. I don't think I've been near the 200's since middle school. Maybe elementary.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oh hey, I'm 5'8" :D

This is me at 265lbs:

m2p3welz0zoj.jpg

And this is me last weekend, at 150lbs:
    35r584umkp71.jpg
    2wtrn6tapunw.jpg

I'm almost at my half-weight mark, hoping to be there before december! It will be my Christmas present to myself ;)
  • tfire77
    tfire77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of the people who stick to your daily routines...
    NEVER GIVE UP!
    :)
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    amblight wrote: »
    Oh hey, I'm 5'8" :D

This is me at 265lbs:

m2p3welz0zoj.jpg

And this is me last weekend, at 150lbs:
    35r584umkp71.jpg
    2wtrn6tapunw.jpg

I'm almost at my half-weight mark, hoping to be there before december! It will be my Christmas present to myself ;)

I like it when tall women transform themselves like you have. It really compliments the great height to be in good overall physical shape.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    <~~~ 5' 9.5", 128 pounds. I had my third baby less than a year ago.

Awesome!
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    HEY 5'8'' LADIES! I'm 5'8'' and a quarter ;)
    I'm not a success yet but I've lost 24 lbs so far... SW: 176, CW 152. My pics are on my profile.
    I will go see if I can upload them somewhere to see if I can figure out how to post my pics. They are on my profile if you want to add me!

Not a success story? You look fantastic! And you're exactly 5 inches taller than I am.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    thinjim123 wrote: »
    I LOVE this thread! So inspirational...my 5"2 friend and I have been discussing our progress, but her stats just make me feel like a Heffer! So nice to know my weight and my target are similar to others on here. And how fab do those ladies look?!

I was 165 when I started about 5 weeks ago, now 160. It's coming off slowly but surely and my target is around 148. Going to up the cardio this week and try to be stricter (I'm great midweek, not so at the weekend!).

Actually going to set my alarm for 6am to go for a run...thanks ladies!x

But you tower over her by half-a-foot. That makes a huge difference. You need to be comparing to someone your own height.
  • jbot30
    jbot30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 37 yo woman with 2 boys. Youngest is 3 years old. I started on 205lb (93kg) and now weigh 147lb. I am sedentary (couch potato sounds so much worse) but have decided that losing more weight will probably not help with my problem areas so am thinking of starting weight training and yoga? I think i will try maintain this weight or perhaps lose another 5-10lb.

I still eat "bad" food sometimes but keep it within calorie goals for the day. Weight loss took 5 months. I'm going to try upload pics now. 2is9ofwic2tf.jpg
    xerwulvzgq9k.jpg
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome!! Such inspiration and encouragement. I am 5'7". I started this journey a year ago at 270 lbs. I just hit 60 lbs down but I'm definitely struggling to keep up the motivation as the loss slows down a bit. I have been mostly walking/jogging for exercise but I really need to do something to tone as I lose... Feeling pretty flabby! Any ideas, that are ok for a bad knee? Thanks for all the inspiring stories ladies :). We rock!! This pic shows me at my start, at 20 lbs, at 45 lbs and at 60 lbs down. Great way to step back and see the progress I don't always notice looking in the mirror each day.
    bwehxsgzszke.jpg
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    For all the 5'7" women posting here, I have included a link to a 5'7" ladies success stories thread. Since you are not quite 5'8", and don't quite measure up to the standards of this thread, you may want to post there.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1158632
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, but she did say she was looking to hear success stories from women 'around the same height'...
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    ksmithnh wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, but she did say she was looking to hear success stories from women 'around the same height'...

Certainly, I guess. Have a wonderful evening, ma'am.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!