First thing you noticed.

Options

Replies

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    MrsScott02 wrote: »
    To you successful lot...(anyone that has lost weight) :smiley:

What was the first thing you noticed about yourself when you started to lose weight?
    More active? Loose clothes? Healthier skin? Etc. etc. etc :smile:

I haven't got to any stages of change yet and I know everyone changes in different ways, I am just curious :smiley:
    I began to feel more energy followed by better sleep.
    And when my old clothes began to fit, that confirmed everything along with the compliments that began rolling in.
    Today, everywhere I go, people ask me questions about health and fitness but are disappointed with my answers. EAT CLEAN...EXERCISE :'(
    That's it...
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I noticed i could walk up three flights of stairs to my hotel room in the French Quarter with ease.. no pounding in my chest or out of breath, which happened when i stayed at the same place 10 months ago…(tiny scary elevator..so i take the stairs)

Somehow that was more telling to me than loser clothes..because having strength and health seems more important. I want to keep that going.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Posture! It increased so much within 2 week. Literally the first thing i noticed.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My hip pain going up down stairs was gone after losing first 10
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    68342083.png
    Even at almost 40# lost & 5 dress sizes, I honestly can't see a difference in the mirror!

I guess my noticeable difference is that I no longer get upset stomach/cramping since I improved my diet. That is a great thing!
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In only 5 days the pain from what I thought was an ulcer is now gone (stopped taking stomach meds) and my face already looks thinner! Looking forward to more positives!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I didn't feel so foggy- i was more alert earlier than I used to be. My skin cleared up so much too! So glad for that.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    ♦ I could walk up the stairs without getting winded
    ♦ Looser Clothes
    ♦ Smaller Breast size :(
  • shelamonster
    shelamonster Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've lost about 12 pounds and I notice facial puffiness going down. I can walk up stairs much more quickly too.

• stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    too funny, was just talking about this with a friend. for me it was clothes starting to fit differently followed by bones or muscles starting to show up that had been long buried. Those are the ones that still motivate me in some strange way , always interesting to find a new bump or bone structure feature revealed as the pounds go away that you forgot was there.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    68342083.png
    Even at almost 40# lost & 5 dress sizes, I honestly can't see a difference in the mirror!

This holds for me too in some ways, even though i can see differences as i said above, on the whole, looking in the mirror i still look like me to me. Im almost 130lb less of me but until i see pictures of the"old" me i dont see it in the mirror. weird
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Indigestion went away. I initially began really watching what I eat in an effort to alleviate indigestion, that's what kicked everything off. My clothes became more comfortable almost immediately. I just felt better in my own skin, even in the very beginning when nothing dramatic had happened.
    Have lost 50 lbs since I started, much more dramatic changes now, but these relatively small results in the beginning meant a lot to me.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Very first thing I noticed was that suddenly my knee didn't hurt any more.

There are still things that pop up when I least expect it....like being able to wear boots. 72 pounds ago I wasn't able to find any that would zip up around my calves - I now own three pairs! :D
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was how I 'felt'. Not as in feeling happy or sad, but being able to slide my hands down my body and feel my hipbones, feel my curves!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    First thing I've noticed were my shoulders starting to show through.
  • TannunisFred
    TannunisFred Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My Shoes got too big, and I seemed to get cold much easier
  • ladystarr
    ladystarr Posts: 56
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've only lost 5lbs, but to me that's a big accomplishment. I'm onto week three and have never stuck with a "diet" that long. But for me, I have noticed my energy is much better...my stomach is shrinking, and my legs and arms are losing fat along with my back. My stomach is slowly starting to lose.....I am actually happy with the pace I'm going.
    17183420.png
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    other than pants getting too big, the first thing i visually noticed was that my arms looked smaller. i found it hard to really notice changes on myself at all visually for the most part. other people noticed more than i did. I do notice in pictures though. I don't take a lot of pictures to begin with, but pictures can be pretty extreme.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Clothes fitting again aka having more than three useful pairs of pants.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 147 lbs from 220 at my highest. I have gone down from a 14+ pant size to a 6! I don't want to invest in a new wardrobe until I'm settled at my ideal weight (probably around 135), so for the time being I only really have one pair of pants that fit at a time LOL. I'm blessed to work in a casual-dress business, but I can't help but think everyone knows I wear the same pair of pants every day haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!