Spread the word! This site answered all of my questions.

Options
This site is fantastic. That is all I can say. I have read numerous articles now, and they all answered questions I didn't even know I had. This specific link is information on calorie intake and what happens to your metabolism when you don't eat enough while trying to reach your goals. Enjoy! http://www.coachcalorie.com/get-over-fear-of-eating-more-calories/

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    That article is mostly BS. Many of the claims made are exaggerated, extremely misleading, or false.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for posting this article, but I believe it's misleading. It also has ads in the middle of it about five foods never to eat and some medical weight loss diet. For me, that's a big turnoff.

Generally, more calories fuel your body and provide more nutrients, therefore you are able to function better.

However, people who are literally not eating enough do not hold onto fat as the article suggests. If that were true, all the people in third world countries who don't have enough food would not be so emaciated.

If you eat at a smaller calorie deficit, especially if you don't have loads of weight to lose, then you have the energy needed to do your workouts or whatever else you do in your day. Eat at a bigger deficit, or too much of one, your energy level decreases, thus usually making your activity level less.
  • zombie130
    Options
    k then nvm. now im even more confused than i was before i found it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    zombie130 wrote: »
    k then nvm. now im even more confused than i was before i found it.

Please share your thoughts.

• zombie130
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    That article is mostly BS. Many of the claims made are exaggerated, extremely misleading, or false.
    could you explain your reasoning for saying it is BS so im not completely lost now? It made sense to me.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    zombie130 wrote: »
    vismal wrote: »
    could you explain your reasoning for saying it is BS so im not completely lost now? It made sense to me.
    How does eating more to lose weight make sense to you?
    Weight loss happens at a calorie deficit.
    If you are really eating too little, you will lose at a more rapid pace and you will lose more muscle, be deficient in essential nutrients and eventually become weak and sick.
    If you eat too much you will gain.
    If you eat at maintenance you weight will be stable.
    Simple common sense.