Mom of two with 130 pounds to lose!

Options
Hi y'all! I'm a 26 year old mama of two adorable munchkins, ages 5 and 2. I've been fighting the good fight for over a year now. I'm currently 280 and my goal is to reach 150. I'm a naturally curvy woman and I've always had a sizeable chest, hips, and rear. But, thing are just way out of control. I'm looking forward to getting my curves back!

Earlier in the year, I had lost 30 pounds thanks to eating right and working out religiously. I started jogging and was working my way up to running. I gained it all back when my boyfriend and I moved in together and blended households.

He's naturally thin and a horribly picky eater. He's very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy who also likes to snack on sweet stuff late at night after the kids go to bed.

We both love roller coasters and are season pass holders at Dollywood. I've never been able to fully relax and enjoy myself because I have always been worried about not fitting in the restraints. On our most recent trip (a week ago) it finally happened, I couldn't fit on one of the coasters and had to do the walk of shame. I was humiliated. We had just eaten a big meal, there was no sucking in for me on this go 'round! That's when I finally decided that I have to do something now.

Please feel free to add me! Have a great day!

Replies

• KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    He's naturally thin and a horribly picky eater. He's very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy who also likes to snack on sweet stuff late at night.

OMG my hubby is the same haha. It's bloody annoying lol :smiley:

• gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    On our last family trip to Dollywood I spent the day holding stuff while the family went on rides for the same reason. I hope next time we go to be able to join in on some of the fun. Good luck to you!
  • ShannaAutry26
    Options
    MrsScott02 wrote: »
    He's naturally thin and a horribly picky eater. He's very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy who also likes to snack on sweet stuff late at night.

OMG my hubby is the same haha. It's bloody annoying lol :smiley:

I have had to come to terms with the fact that I will now begin preparing two separate meals! One for the kids and BF, one for me!
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    my husband is same i dont know if its cause hes hispanic and use to certain thigns or just a picky person haha but feel free to add me.
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't at all picky but eats HORRIBLY. I sat and watched him eat the last dozen cookies right out of the package at a party this weekend after he ate three sandwiches, a chunk of ham, cheesy potatoes, etc. etc. etc. Have I mentioned we have a hard time finding pants small enough to fit him?

That being said - you can do this! I still make the meat of the meat and potatoes my husband loves, but he doesn't get potatoes very often (because my kids don't eat potatoes and I don't need them). You'll figure out a way to make it work! Good luck!
  • BennettV72
    Options
    I have a naturally skinny hubbs but thank goodness he's not picky. His only requirement for meals is that it has to contain meat (or else it's just a snack). I've got about the same amount of weight to lose (though I sure won't miss it). Adding you! :smile:
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've had to do that same "walk of shame" from a rollercoaster before, on a school trip with all of my classmates watching me. I still think about that day, and it was 10 years ago! I've only gotten bigger since then. Now, I'm working hard on losing this weight, and I want to be small enough to get on all of those rides by my birthday so I can start taking my toddlers to our local amusement parks and eventually to Disney world and to do all the things I love to do! :) I am a comfort food lover, and I still make comfort foods, but I'm slowly taking baby steps and changing different ingredients to make them healthier and lower in calories... I also load up half of my plate with veggies and take seconds on veggies first so I'll hopefully be satisfied and won't want seconds of the main entree. :) That way, I can still have the foods I enjoy and don't feel deprived.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    my husband is same i dont know if its cause hes hispanic and use to certain thigns or just a picky person haha but feel free to add me.

Being Hispanic has no correlation to being a picky eater.

Good luck OP! <3
  • ShannaAutry26
    Options
    I've had to do that same "walk of shame" from a rollercoaster before, on a school trip with all of my classmates watching me. I still think about that day, and it was 10 years ago! I've only gotten bigger since then. Now, I'm working hard on losing this weight, and I want to be small enough to get on all of those rides by my birthday so I can start taking my toddlers to our local amusement parks and eventually to Disney world and to do all the things I love to do! :) I am a comfort food lover, and I still make comfort foods, but I'm slowly taking baby steps and changing different ingredients to make them healthier and lower in calories... I also load up half of my plate with veggies and take seconds on veggies first so I'll hopefully be satisfied and won't want seconds of the main entree. :) That way, I can still have the foods I enjoy and don't feel deprived.

I love comfort food as well! I'd pick a plate of mac and cheese or mashed potatoes before I would chocolate cake!

Good luck on your journey!
  • dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    well I too have 2 kids and a husband that doesn't make the best health choices but with a lot of convincing I think I have gotten him to think about some of his food choices...feel free to add me
  • JaneECS
    JaneECS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have three of us trying to lose weight and one of us trying to gain it (not me!). I make the same basic meals for all of us, then smother the skinny one's portion in cheese, extra spuds. tonight we are having stew, he is the only one having dumplings. It is worth it, and when he sees how healthy you look with every pound dropped, he will support you. If he's not supporting you, he needs a slap!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have three kids and I've started out with 130lbs to lose with now 60lbs left. You can add me if you want.
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost 116 pounds since January. No pills, no fad diets. I am great with motivation and support. Luckily, my wife has been extremely supportive of my weight loss.
  • argoudeau
    Options
    OMG Shanna! My husband is the EXACT same way! Meat and potatoes.....sweets at night. I have to make his plate if I want him to eat some veggies, otherwise, he'd skip right over them. He's very fit as he works out all the time, but I worry about his cholesterol because he loves fried food. I find myself making two separate meals, but gradually trying to get him to eat cleaner. I've changed up my eating habits & started walking at work about 6 weeks ago and have lost 12 lbs since then. Trying to get motivated to hit the gym at least a few times a week. It's a strggule b/c I hate working out. But if I want to hit my goal, I've got to do it!
  • aless820
    aless820 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend and I are together (we're long distance), we eat horribly. When apart, we're not nearly as bad. He and I are teaming up and starting Insanity this week!
  • tcThePT
    tcThePT Posts: 37
    Options
    Good luck with it, you will breeze it! Positive thinking
  • SharR2012
    Options
    My husband loves to snack at night. That was my number one problem so I cut that off, if he snacks I just drink flavored water and eat a fruit if I get tempted, He is trying to cut down to help me out. I also want to go on a roller coaster but know I cant. It hurts when your kids want to go to a theme park and you have to pass or walk with them. I want to go to Disney next year with them so this needs to come off. I sent you a request.