Heavy Lifting Women?

msthang444
msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
So, historically, I've done BFLs pyramid lifting scheme, but ran across this today

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

What are your thoughts?
Week 1-4

111.png
Weeks 5-8
2222222.png
Weeks 9-12
2333.png
(hoping the img will post right)

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 656 Member
    I'm not an expert but it looks good to me :). I'm doing NROLFW right now...but want to get to a split similar to this next, probably in January.

Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    looks like 2 way easy days and 2 friggin way hard days a week?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    It depends(tm) on what you goals are and what your current training level is now. It looks like it's trying to combine hypertrophy and strength programs into one.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I did SS. Very effective workout. I got bored after about 10 weeks though because I like a bit of change in my routines.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    yoovie wrote: »

It is supposed to be two days of hypertrophy and two days odd power lifting.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Ah I can't follow any of these workouts! They give me anxiety. My mind doesn't work that way. But then I get stressed because I'm not following any specific workout besides the one I've made for myself.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Why is the ab work so low in volume?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I like workouts I make for myself.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    I'm more new to heavy lifting that not-- I'm currently in 21 Day Fix and plan to go on with 4 - 6 weeks of German Volume training. Afterwards though, I was looking for a good lifting routine, and this looks pretty legit from what I have been able to read up on... I'd love to see some more people's opinions! I had actually just posted a thread inquiring about Erin Stern's 4 Week Elite Body program (because it looked to incorporate a lot of lifting [squee!]) but I think I like this more!! ;)
  • dbmata
    lifting [squee]?
    What is that?
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    If you're able to deal with the same exercises all the time it looks fine to me. This isn't how I prefer to workout but everyone has their own thing. I'm more of a full body workout gal and I need variety. I also have a PT so once or twice a week I get a completely different workout and only have one or two other weight lifting days to deal with on my own.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    I love bitesizedfitness.com it is a work out just for women. I am on week 5 and I feel GREAT! The workouts change every week so I never get bored.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    But will this program burn the fat??
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    luvmydawgs wrote: »
    I love bitesizedfitness.com it is a work out just for women. I am on week 5 and I feel GREAT! The workouts change every week so I never get bored.

does it include more keigels which is why it's just for women?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

ahahaha. Probably.
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    This is great. How did you determine where to start out on weights? Right now I only have up to 12.5lb dumbbells & a 15lb kettle-bell. I think I need more & higher weights.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member

No I just think she made it with women in mind. It is a whole website for women to ask questions, with nutrition, and advice for women.
  • dbmata

No I just think she made it with women in mind. It is a whole website for women to ask questions, with nutrition, and advice for women.

smart marketing.

Is there a lot of pink too?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    DrMAvDPhD wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »

It is supposed to be two days of hypertrophy and two days odd power lifting.

ahh well there ya go!

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited October 2014
    I really like the periodized layout on the big compounds but I dont like those for the accessory lifts. Heavy 4-6 leg extensions and curls would make my joints hurt especially after all the other heavy lifts in the same day.