Heavy Lifting Women?

Options
msthang444
msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
So, historically, I've done BFLs pyramid lifting scheme, but ran across this today

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

What are your thoughts?
Week 1-4

111.png
Weeks 5-8
2222222.png
Weeks 9-12
2333.png
(hoping the img will post right)

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but it looks good to me :). I'm doing NROLFW right now...but want to get to a split similar to this next, probably in January.

Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    looks like 2 way easy days and 2 friggin way hard days a week?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    It depends(tm) on what you goals are and what your current training level is now. It looks like it's trying to combine hypertrophy and strength programs into one.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I did SS. Very effective workout. I got bored after about 10 weeks though because I like a bit of change in my routines.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »

It is supposed to be two days of hypertrophy and two days odd power lifting.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ah I can't follow any of these workouts! They give me anxiety. My mind doesn't work that way. But then I get stressed because I'm not following any specific workout besides the one I've made for myself.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Why is the ab work so low in volume?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like workouts I make for myself.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm more new to heavy lifting that not-- I'm currently in 21 Day Fix and plan to go on with 4 - 6 weeks of German Volume training. Afterwards though, I was looking for a good lifting routine, and this looks pretty legit from what I have been able to read up on... I'd love to see some more people's opinions! I had actually just posted a thread inquiring about Erin Stern's 4 Week Elite Body program (because it looked to incorporate a lot of lifting [squee!]) but I think I like this more!! ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    lifting [squee]?
    What is that?
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    If you're able to deal with the same exercises all the time it looks fine to me. This isn't how I prefer to workout but everyone has their own thing. I'm more of a full body workout gal and I need variety. I also have a PT so once or twice a week I get a completely different workout and only have one or two other weight lifting days to deal with on my own.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love bitesizedfitness.com it is a work out just for women. I am on week 5 and I feel GREAT! The workouts change every week so I never get bored.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    But will this program burn the fat??
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    luvmydawgs wrote: »
    I love bitesizedfitness.com it is a work out just for women. I am on week 5 and I feel GREAT! The workouts change every week so I never get bored.

does it include more keigels which is why it's just for women?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

ahahaha. Probably.
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is great. How did you determine where to start out on weights? Right now I only have up to 12.5lb dumbbells & a 15lb kettle-bell. I think I need more & higher weights.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options

No I just think she made it with women in mind. It is a whole website for women to ask questions, with nutrition, and advice for women.
  • dbmata
    Options

No I just think she made it with women in mind. It is a whole website for women to ask questions, with nutrition, and advice for women.

smart marketing.

Is there a lot of pink too?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    DrMAvDPhD wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »

It is supposed to be two days of hypertrophy and two days odd power lifting.

ahh well there ya go!

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I really like the periodized layout on the big compounds but I dont like those for the accessory lifts. Heavy 4-6 leg extensions and curls would make my joints hurt especially after all the other heavy lifts in the same day.