List of benefits to the changes we are making

Options
Hi everyone,

I thought it might be good to start a list of all the other benefits we are seeing as a result of doing this program, besides just the scale one.

Here is one of mine. I have noticed that my face and skin are getting more healthy and less puffy even at my age. I look like I did 10 years ago.

Ok I will say 2. I feel healthier than I ever have in my life. I am eating real food.

What are yours?

Connie Lynn

Replies

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I thought it might be good to start a list of all the other benefits we are seeing as a result of doing this program, besides just the scale one.

Here is one of mine. I have noticed that my face and skin are getting more healthy and less puffy even at my age. I look like I did 10 years ago.

Ok I will say 2. I feel healthier than I ever have in my life. I am eating real food.

What are yours?

Connie Lynn
  • shakenbake
    Options
    This is a good idea.:wink:
    One of mine is that my body feels tighter from exercising and I feel taller. I have not lost that much, but I have noticed a difference.Heidi:smile:
    Opps!! I am on my husbands profile. Sorry hubby!! But we feel the same right? O.k. I guess I should log off his and get on mine. Sorry for the confusion:blushing:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    1. I'm able to move about easier. I can do stretches more than I ever could just because the fat's not in the way lol.

2. Fit into old clothes I'd been saving incase I ever did lose weight.

3. I'm happier. My mood and energy has made a big shift!

4. Confidence. I'm not so insecure about my body anymore.

5. Health. This is probably the biggest for me...I have polycystic ovary syndrome. I went on the pill years ago to make my periods regular. But after researching and stuff I felt like I didn't want to be on any medication. Just a personal decision ya know. So I had been having really irregular periods. Like months without one. Well, since my new lifestyle change of trying to cook most of my food and working out every day I have had consecutive periods and they're actually on a pretty regular schedule. :happy: So that's huge! Also, my carpal tunnel isn't as bad :tongue:

:heart: Kels
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I like being able to resist just eating everything in sight haha, and now I do feel full if I have proper portions
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You all are going to laugh. But I had to buy new shoes.
    Being a women it was fun, But with the weight I lost I went down a 1/2 to full shoe size in all my shoes.
    --Diann...
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Energy...energy...energy!!!

Energy to go hiking, energy to go biking
    Energy to be healthy, energy to work hard towards wealthy
    Energy to climb rocks, less belly when I reach for my socks
    Energy to swim, and to run on a whim
    Energy makes me feel I can soar, I feel so good I just want to lose more.
    :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    This was a great idea and great motivation for others to read! Here are mine...

1. I don't crave fast food. In fact, the thought of those greasy burgers and fries kinda grosses me out and it used to be something I ate at least once a week. So...very happy about this one!!:bigsmile:

2. I am more flexible. I've been taking a yoga class once a week and aside from the great hour of stretching and relaxation...I can reach further and stretch longer than I've ever been able to.

3. Endorphins!!! I have found a new love for running...I never thought this possible. I've NEVER EVER been a runner and now I can't seem to do it enough!

4. Strength. I seem to continue to increase my weight in my Body Pump class. I was excited about the little bump on my arm when I flex! (My husband made fun of me:tongue: )

5. Confidence. I bought myself a pair of "tight" workout pants the other day and I don't have to lay down or jump around to get in them!:bigsmile: I also have quit wearing those baggy sweatshirts everyday!

6. Mood. I am happy a lot more than I used to be. Exercise and eating properly seem to make me FEEL better all the time!! Who would have thought?!

7. Motivation. As I see the scale drop or receive comments from friends and family, I WANT to continue! I have never skipped a workout (unless sick) and don't want to. It's not a struggle to get to the gym anymore! And I love that!

So, these are just a few. I could seriously go on and on! This "life change" if you will is the best thing that's ever happened to me!

*Kistinbee*
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    This was a great idea and great motivation for others to read! Here are mine...

1. I don't crave fast food. In fact, the thought of those greasy burgers and fries kinda grosses me out and it used to be something I ate at least once a week. So...very happy about this one!!:bigsmile:

3. Endorphins!!! I have found a new love for running...I never thought this possible. I've NEVER EVER been a runner and now I can't seem to do it enough!

5. Confidence. I bought myself a pair of "tight" workout pants the other day and I don't have to lay down or jump around to get in them!:bigsmile: I also have quit wearing those baggy sweatshirts everyday!

6. Mood. I am happy a lot more than I used to be. Exercise and eating properly seem to make me FEEL better all the time!! Who would have thought?!

*Kistinbee*

I have found many of the same rewards! It's so weird to be turned off by fast food! I never thought that would happen! :noway: I also keep finding myself waking up anxious to start a morning workout :huh: :bigsmile: Also has never happened! And looking in the mirror?!?...SO much better than ever. I haven't lost that much weight but my confidence is through the roof! :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    "I have found many of the same rewards! It's so weird to be turned off by fast food! I never thought that would happen! I also keep finding myself waking up anxious to start a morning workout Also has never happened! And looking in the mirror?!?...SO much better than ever. I haven't lost that much weight but my confidence is through the roof! "

I don't know how to do the quote...we'll see...but yeah! I wake up and the first thing I think about is what I'm doing at the gym that day. CRAZY! Never have been like that before!!

*Kistinbee*
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    When I am hungry I crave food now, not treats, I want real food!
  • newstart
    Options
    benifits I have noticed, countdown ;

#10. I don`t feel "yucky'

#9 . my body doesn`t ache as much first thing the morning

#8. More energy

#7. more alert and less forgetfull

#6 Not reaching out for the junk in the cuboard

#5. Not craving chocolate all the time

#4. Look forward to cooking

#3. Happier

#2. Feel empowered after work outs

and #1!!! "the girls are getting smaller:bigsmile: and less heavy to the disapointment of dear hubby:blushing:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't made any changes in a while because I've been at this for a while, but from 2 years ago to now:

1. I have WAY more self-confidence, and no more jealousy issues, which is way healthier for my relationship!
    2. Now that I LOVE lifting, I never have a day when I think, "Ugh, I don't want to go to the gym," so it has become a treat rather than a chore. I even feel better about cardio hehe :)
    3. My BP was pre-hypertension when I started. Now it's between 90/60-110/70.
    4. I have lost about 10% body fat in the past 18 months and gained 6lbs of muscle. My lifts have shot way up!
    5. Since I never eat junk food or fast food anymore, I never crave it! Now I crave oats and sweet potato and tuna steaks hehe :bigsmile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I have noticed I am not falling asleep at 8:00pm.
    I have more energy.
    My skin has changed and my nails too.
    I feel better in my clothes.
    I crave the better foods.
    I am seeing a difference in my legs-there is starting to be more muscle and less flab
    Most of all- I AM FEELING HEALTHIER
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    I don't have the heart palpitations that would keep me in bed all day.

I have a thickened mitral valve, so my heart has to work harder to get blood pumped around my body. I would spend 2-3 days a week in bed because my heard was pounding so, I was so puffy with retained fluid, and I felt just yucky! I knew I had to strengthen my heart, so I started walking on the treadmill. the next week I ran .5mi. 2 wks. later I went to 1 mi. Now I'm up to 2.5! It was tough in the beginning, but that's true with everything worth anything right? Feel free to take that as marriage advice as well!
  • ConnieLynn
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Wow. These are great! It is more than just about the scale!

I will add a few more of mine:

1. My husband said he is now motivated to lose weight.

2. I feel more like myself.

3. I feel hopeful about the long road to victory and about the ability to stay healthy.

4. I don't even desire unhealthy food anymore.

5. My waist is smaller.

6. I've learned some great lessons.

The list goes on and on and each day I find more benefits I never realized would come about.

Connie Lynn
  • Junie05
    Junie05 Posts: 26
    Options
    Connie - I love that you said "I feel more like myself." I SO relate to that!! This fat person is not me!!! The real me is in here under the extra weight. I can't wait to say "THIS IS ME!!"
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    the biggest blessing from this I've noticed is motivation...after seeing small successes on the scale I'm more motivated than ever....

now my sister is on this site and is losing weight, my parents are now counting calories and they are both losing weight and eating much healthier...

a healthy lifestyle doesn't just affect me, my husband and kids are eating healthier because it's what I cook at home...knowing that I'm causing my family to be motivated and more healthy is an added motivation for me to keep going and never end up back where I was!!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I'm more flexible than I was, and I just feel better over all. Haven't noticed much in the energy dept yet but I imagine that will come. I know I will be around longer for my family. :happy:
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1. No more heartburn.

2. No more symptoms of sleep apnea - sleeping WAY better!

3. No more plantar faciitis (heel pain all of the time).

4. Feel SO MUCH better!

5. Feel empowered by the knowledge that I can really do this and change my life for the better.

6. Fitting in clothes I haven't been able to wear for at least a few years! That is such an awesome reward!:bigsmile:
  • ConnieLynn
    Options
    Hi everyone,

These were all excellent.

I have couple more to add today.

I did not have a headache before my monthly visit this time. Eating healthy is really transforming my entire system. What a great motivator.

I am really enjoying food again. I look forward to eating spinach!! LOL

My dreams have been more vivid, although a little frightening at times.

Blessing to you,:smile:

Connie Lynn