question for women on the go...

Options
mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
every morning i have a ThinkThin bar for breakfast, and if i am on i time crunch i have one for lunch too. I try not to make a habit of it because i know "meals" are better than substitutions. i am staying within my calorie allowance almost every day but i do not feel like i am losing. are these bars sabotaging my weightloss? what do you think?

thank you! happy thursday! :drinker:

Replies

• fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on the go a lot too but I'm a firm believer in getting nutrition from natural whole foods. There are many fruits and veggies you can take on the run that are healthier than nutrition bars. Apples, bananas, single serve yogurt, nuts, carrots, celery sticks etc. these require no preparation other than to buy them and they will start you getting healthy fiber and fresh foods. Best of luck.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    if you are that busy, when do you fit in time to work out? if you are under your cals theoretically you should be losing..but when we dont eat healthy and do the quick fixes we can sabatoge or slow down the progress. if you are not eating all the nutrients you need your body will not respond well, and your metabolism wont want to let go of fat.
  • heididormanen
    Options
    My advice would be to make your own bars.. The packaged ones are so high in crap that they can more than likely cancel out the good. Here is a recipe I use and I just vary up the ingredients depending on my mood and my kids (15 and 4) love them!!

Serves 6
    Time 20-25 minutes

1 cup Fiber one Cereal
    2tbsp. honey
    3/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1 cups dried pomegranate
    ½ cup coconut flakes
    ½ cup mini chocolate chips
    2 tbsp. butter

Combine cereal, oats and dried cherries in a bowl. Combine honey, peanut butter and butter and microwave on high power 1 minute, stir until smooth. Pour over cereal, oats and cherries. Divide mixture in 4 and place into the Snack Bar Maker, then press.. Place seal on top and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.

Since you don’t have the snack bar maker you can just treat them like you would a rice crispie treat and put them in a baking ban (sprayed with pam).. mush them down good and solid and then refrigerate. Then you would want to cut them up and individually wrap them.

I made 2 batches and it took about 30 minutes
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I agree with adding some simple fruits and veggies but another idea is to make a little snack mix. Sometimes when I don't have time for breakfast at home a put some whole grain cereal, nuts, and dried fruit in a baggie to take with me.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Think Thin and Lara bars. They are a great go to for on the go. No I dont believe they would be ruining a weightloss.Something else is prob going on. Maybe MFP has your daily caloric intake to high..water..