Shredding for the wedding?????

Options
2»

Replies

• kcentore987
    kcentore987 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi ladies! My wedding is next September! Please add me if you like -- it's time to kick things into high gear and start shredding for this wedding. Eeee!

My goals are to lose about 10 pounds, and to get lean and toned (especially in my arms, back, and upper thighs).
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I mean, I want to lose weight and have it lost forever. But YES my wedding is coming up in 2016 and I want to look AMAZEBALLS. This body? This body isn't ME! I want my old body back. I don't want to look back on those pics for the rest of my life and see me 80lbs too heavy! I mean, my current weight is a short term thing, just a couple of years out if my life. It's been creeping up for maybe 3 or 4 years? And only 2 years being THIS heavy. No WAY am I immortalizing this short term lapse in food judgment!
    This is NOT how I want to look when I get married!

So yeah, my short term goal is to be down to my goal weight by my wedding. My long term goal is to maintain that weight after the wedding.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of shredding for my friend's wedding! She's getting hitched in June, and I'd like to be smack in the middle of my healthy BMI, so another 20-25 pounds before then. It's more of a "wouldn't this be fun" side goal than an actual goal, but, I mean. I'd really LOVE to buy a beautiful little dress off ModCloth, walk into the reception hall and have a ridiculously good time. Dance the night away and all.

I'm gonna be super disappointed if the next six months isn't basically my friends and I living through a mid-twenties rendition of Bridesmaids.
  • mollymcdonald0
    mollymcdonald0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get married next September! I've already lost 50 pounds with a goal to lose another 50! Feel free to add me for added support! :)
  • dawn_michelle
    dawn_michelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 1, 2015- just over 6 months away! Also will be in two weddings over next summer and fall, so I've got tons of incentive to get into shape...(not to mention the fact that I want to do it to be healthy and happy... I have never been comfortable with my body and would like to have the best body that I can while I am still young, before babies, etc) but I still seem to be lacking motivation. Over last fall and winter I had lost almost 15 pounds, which made for a total loss of 35 lbs...but since the time I got engaged last December I have gained back almost 10 of those ponds. I'm trying to not focus just on the number, but I can tell that I'm up again by the way I look and the way my new/ smaller clothes are a little tighter than they were last year. I'm trying to start more strength training- my "problem" areas, or areas I'd like to focus on are thighs, butt, hips, waist, and arms.... okay, basically everything! I've been a member on MFP for a few years now and have used it off and on. I'm trying to get in the habit of using it regularly again...maybe getting involved with some of the forums will help! Good luck to all those brides (and bridesmaids...and grooms?) out there! We can do this! :smiley:
  • mawilliams130
    Options
    3/28/15. I have 25 to lose. Good luck everyone. You can do it.
  • TweedAddict
    TweedAddict Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next August, but I've chose my dress, just need to order it. So not doing that until a dress size down at least; the wedding shop has given me till the end of November! So the more I lose now the better, I can take it steadier once that's done then.
  • glogirl27
    Options
    Getting married in June 2015! I've got 7 months left to lose 10 pounds and tone up those arms, legs, stomach, etc. Then got another friend's wedding the week after my wedding and possibly a third. I've been on MFP before but stopped once I lost the weight, now it's time to get back on the wagon!

Good luck everybody, we can do this!! B)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm shredding for my exboyfriends wedding in less than 2 weeks. Guess that doesn't count.
  • l2013k
    l2013k Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My wedding is May 2015. I'd love the support, 3 stone goal and starting today
  • ande0721
    Options
    Me too! Wedding is September 2015 and have a goal to lose 35-40 pounds by then - 3 pounds down and counting. I've been trying to motivate myself to get going again and turns out this is a great motivator. Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • thereverie
    thereverie Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Another bridesmaid here! The wedding is in June so I have about 8 months. Happy to join any of you lovely ladies on this journey - feel free to add!
  • steebsthegreat
    steebsthegreat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My wedding isn't going to be until May 2017 (we just got engaged 2 weeks ago) and I've already been working out for 9 months, but the idea of having to try on dresses has given me a bit more motivation.
    I'm 5'8". I'm currently 159 lbs (size 8) shooting to get down to 150 before I start looking for dresses. Ultimately I want to get down to 140 pounds (size 6 or smaller!). I'm really looking to lose fat and gain muscle.
    I'm love running (I ran my first 5k in July), swimming (I'm a swim instructor), and I've recently started taking Spin classes. Follow me so we can motivate each other!
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I just got married in Oct & know what you're going through!