What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Options
I love so many kinds of cheese, but my favorite is ricotta salata (made from the whey part of sheep milk). My other top choices are fresh mozzarella and feta!

Replies

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Fontinella! It is a little crumbly, a little sharp, and the most delicious cheese EVER. And I'm a major cheese lover. I can't find it in my area, but each year I make a trip to visit family in Ohio where we stop at "Grandpa's Cheese Barn" and buy some. I usually eat it within a week of getting home...it is soooooo good!

Of course good old fashioned Asiago is pretty awesome too.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Extra old white cheddar <3
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Prima Donna. Yummy yum yum!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A nice dry goat cheese from France.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Extra mature cheddar nom nom.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Manchego
    Gruyere
    Manouri
    Feta
    Cablanca goat cheese
  • bloodlett
    bloodlett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love all cheeses but if I had to pick just one munster
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Shanklish. It's an Arab aged goats cheese. Usually sold in a ball sealed with a herb crust. It's crumbly like feta but much drier. I crumble it up with chopped tomatoes onions an cucumber and some shredded salt beef with fresh garlic lemon and olive oil dressing and scoop it all up with some thin high protein khubz bread.

It's freaking delicious.

It's also epic in omelets.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »
    Shanklish. It's an Arab aged goats cheese. Usually sold in a ball sealed with a herb crust. It's crumbly like feta but much drier. I crumble it up with chopped tomatoes onions an cucumber and some shredded salt beef with fresh garlic lemon and olive oil dressing and scoop it all up with some thin high protein khubz bread.

It's freaking delicious.

It's also epic in omelets.

Man that sounds amazing!!

Mine is an extra sharp provolone....so sharp it makes your eyes water

A really nasty blue cheese / Stilton is a close 2nd

• Paper_Diva
    Paper_Diva Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Collier's Cheddar. I can't get it where I live now. Wegman's sold it where I used to live. Last time I went back I bought two big bricks of it!
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    For weight loss I like the Sargento extra thin cheese..its 40 calories of REAL cheese,not fat free yucky cheese.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole block of asiago LOL. Actually, 10 months ago I probably would've in one sitting. Also love goat cheese, roquefort and english farmhouse cheddar.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    That's like asking me to pick my favorite child (if I had any that is). I refuse. I love them all and I love them all equally. I have yet to meet a real cheese that I didn't love. Velveeta can burn in hell however (except for queso, because queso).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The kind that's made of cheese. Seriously, I've never met a cheese I didn't like. It's one of my major downfalls.

But if I had to choose, I'd probably have to pick Yarra Valley Dairy's Marinated Persian Feta. I can eat a whole can of that stuff. Or King Island Smoked Cheddar. Or Bouche d'Affinois. Or cherve with dill.

Forget it. See my first point.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Love me some goat cheese...especially in salad. Or on crackers...or on a plate...
    Also love New York Extra sharp cheddar.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I forgot Smoked Gouda. Can't get it here, and I miss it so...
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    The kind that's made of cheese. Seriously, I've never met a cheese I didn't like. It's one of my major downfalls.

^that. so much that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    3 year old cheddar (or similar). Good for eating out of hand and in recipes, so if I could only have one kind that would be it.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fresh mozzarella. Lucky for me, my husband works in a deli and gets to bring a ton of it home all the time. Noms.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love all cheese. Being low carb, it's not a sin, I eat it without guilt or fuss. Mersey Valley is really nice (crumbly and strong in flavour) and I really like round slices of Provalone for making low carb taco shells.