Fitbit Steps Not Showing up in MFP

Options
My Fitbit and MFP are connected and my settings are set to track Fitbit Steps but MyFitnessPal keeps showing 0 Fitbit Steps. If I disconnect the two and then reconnect, MFP will show my current steps but it won't sync again and update. I have tried deleting both apps and redownloading them on my phone but nothing seems to work. Any updates

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't really show your Fitbit steps, just how much your estimated burn from Fitbit exceeds the estimate from MFP (if at all). The only time mine is missing is when my Fitbit isn't synching because I've unplugged the dongle or something.
  • cbon924
    cbon924 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Actually there is a newish feature that shows your steps under your calories left and goal, food, and exercise numbers.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Oh! Then mine isn't working either, unless I don't have that setting checked! Where is the setting?
  • cbon924
    cbon924 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I only know how to access it through my iphone app but you go to More, and then Steps, and choose Fitbit as a device! :)
  • mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Still not corrected
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Same issue here!!
  • TweedAddict
    TweedAddict Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Change your activity level to sedentary, it won't work on any other level as MFP takes your steps into account as standard.
    And turn on negative adjustments in settings
  • drewrilett
    drewrilett Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue.

• Disconnect your FitBit from your MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Disconnect.
    • Revoke access to MFP on the FitBit website via Settings > Applications.
    • Re-connect FitBit to MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Connect.
    • Finally (and the most important bit), in the MFP app on your phone, go to More > Steps and you should see its set to "Don't track steps", select FitBit from the list and now the steps should be showing again on your home page in both the MFP App and website along with the Exercise count.

Hope that helps everyone as it fixed it for me
  • margieaguilar
    margieaguilar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much I just started having the problem with my fitbit, all better after following instructions above.
  • kcgcchit
    kcgcchit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks drewrilett, that worked perfectly!
  • smuff01
    smuff01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Steps from Fitbit not showing at all. Tried deleting both apps and reinstalling. Tried disconnecting from both apps. Tried selecting don’t track steps then selecting Fitbit. Done all of this on both mobile app and full website.
    Contacted Fitbit they say the issuer is with mfp.
    Contacted mfp they just sent my a troubleshooting email which is what I’ve done and still no steps.
    It used to show all my steps on the home page and now all of a sudden it’s stopped working I didn’t change any settings. Now at the stage where I’m ready to delete mfp down to lack of communication and glitches with the app. Css as my understand why this keeps happening. Surely after the the issues mfp has with Fitbit they would have worked out how to solved this reoccurring issue.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    smuff01 wrote: »
    Steps from Fitbit not showing at all. Tried deleting both apps and reinstalling. Tried disconnecting from both apps. Tried selecting don’t track steps then selecting Fitbit. Done all of this on both mobile app and full website.
    Contacted Fitbit they say the issuer is with mfp.
    Contacted mfp they just sent my a troubleshooting email which is what I’ve done and still no steps.
    It used to show all my steps on the home page and now all of a sudden it’s stopped working I didn’t change any settings. Now at the stage where I’m ready to delete mfp down to lack of communication and glitches with the app. Css as my understand why this keeps happening. Surely after the the issues mfp has with Fitbit they would have worked out how to solved this reoccurring issue.

Still in the MFP list of current issues.

Are the meal totals showing up in Fitbit?

Do you have the time zones and times set the same in both apps?

Had an issue years ago where the visual settings for DST was correct, but MFP showed me the packet header from Fitbit and it had DST wrong and the wrong time zone.
    End result was the time showed correctly, the options showed correctly - but what was actually sent was wrong - and of course MFP had a fit because of mismatched info for timing, which matters for you logging a workout on MFP and it syncing back to Fitbit correctly (don't do that, but it needs to work anyway).

What has been discovered with other issues on Fitbit - you can visually confirm a setting is saying it's right - but the effects means it's not really.
    So you might want to purposefully change the Fitbit settings for time zone and DST and then correct them back.

But disconnecting / reconnecting doesn't really help - it means you've created orphaned packets looking for a linked account and specific codes that you broke.