caloric deflict question.

Options
hello everyone. i had a question about my caloric deflict. Okay so monday so i recently starting increasing my calorie goal from 1200 to 1400 because people was saying i was going to enter starvation mode. i also increased my fat intake. I do not eat back my excercise calories. if y'all take a look at my diary you'll probally see it shows that i dont do strength training but i do. i do alot of it, i just dont like putting it in mfp because it says that i burned 0 calories for doing those exercises. anyways my preivous plan was eating 1200 calories a day and allowing myself to cheat on saturday to makeup for my weekly calorie goal. its been working so far. ive lost 22 pounds eating 1200 calories. But my question is will it slow down my progress changing from eating 1200 calories a day to eating 1400-1500? will i retain any water? will it really speed up my metabolisiom (Excuse my spelling lol) like everyone says? also i started allowing snacks i love in my diet so that i can hit my calorie goal. so most of the day i eat clean but snack time ill eat a cookie or 2. it also keeps me sane til my next cheat meal lol.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ow
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nahh 1400-1500 is still low, you'll keep losing :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well let's start with starvation mode...it's a myth

Now lets go to 1200 a day...why? and if you don't eat exercise calories back you are most definately below 1200...why?

Yes you will lose weight eat that and exercising but that weight is not just fat it's muscle as well...

No eating more will not raise your metabolism....

will it slow down your progress? depends on what you mean by that?

Will you still lose weight? yes?

Having one cheat meal doesn't make up for the calories you are missing...

Your goal should be to eat as much food as you can and still lose a reasonable amount of weight....
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If you look under the Cardiovascular tag for Exercise, you'll find "weight training" that gives you a result higher than zero; the Strength Training tag is not designed for that.

Eat back your exercise calories unless you're doing the TDEE method (which you're not, on 1200 or 1400 calories).
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you look under the Cardiovascular tag for Exercise, you'll find "weight training" that gives you a result higher than zero; the Strength Training tag is not designed for that.

Eat back your exercise calories unless you're doing the TDEE method (which you're not, on 1200 or 1400 calories).

thanks for the help lol finding that lol!
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Well let's start with starvation mode...it's a myth

Now lets go to 1200 a day...why? and if you don't eat exercise calories back you are most definately below 1200...why?

Yes you will lose weight eat that and exercising but that weight is not just fat it's muscle as well...

No eating more will not raise your metabolism....

will it slow down your progress? depends on what you mean by that?

Will you still lose weight? yes?

Having one cheat meal doesn't make up for the calories you are missing...

Your goal should be to eat as much food as you can and still lose a reasonable amount of weight....

thanks for the advice. i will thrive to eat more. i will trying to aim for 1500-1600 calories a day. by me fitting in cookies and other snacks into my healthy diet i easily hit my calorie goal so i will do that from now on.