I am looking for quick exersice to do at home with no equipm

Options
I dont have an execycle, or a treadmill or anything else fancy and am struggeling to get out for good workouts with my 3 littilies in tow.

Does anyone have any fun workouts that burn ultimate calories, while not taking hours?

Replies

• slytat2
    slytat2 Posts: 8
    Options
    If you have a xbox or a wii dance central and or zumba both great things you can do at home.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You can do 30 Day Shred. 30 minute workouts. They dont require any equipment except a TV. But some weights are preferred. It's a great workout.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you have Wii or PS (I think it may be on others too) - I totally recommend EA Sports Active 2. It comes with a resistance band, heart rate monitor and body monitor. The trainers are fantastic and it has all sorts of different exercises. I myself am doing the 9 week challange and it is really working for me! I'm a mum of 5 (soon to be 6 in July) and EA Active works great for me!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Why not look at what you can do incorporating your kids? I have no idea how old they are but I presume they are very little - try racing them across the loungeroom floor crawling, having horsie races, picking them up and squatting holding them, dancing with them, walking with the pram.

If they are old enough try a gentle game of soccer of something similar?

This might help too http://www.workoutsforyou.com/article_exercisekids.htm
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Vigorous step-ups are a great way to burn calories quickly. Skipping (jump rope), likewise, though it is very hard work to keep it up for even 10 minutes. If you're pretty fit already and have no injury issues, burpies are a fast fat-burner and a good workout. Jogging on the spot, lifting your knees as high as you can, is also good. Or vigorous jumping jacks. Any of these burn quite a few calories in just a 10-minute burst.

If you have a little more time, running, bicycling or brisk walks (especially uphill) for 30-60 mins at a time are all good, and require no equipment.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would also recommand EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii. It's a good workout, it doesn't take too long and it is great fun. I just started the 9 weeks challenge last week!
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    I had thoughabout a Wii - hmmm, might need to ask for one for Mothers Day :o)
    Thanks for your ideas... please keep them coming.
    p.s My kids are 2, 5 and 9 - the older 2 are not an issue but Mr 2 is a bit of a clingy one :o(
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Zumba dvds! They don't require any equipment at all and you can do various different programmes to suit the time allotted towards your exercise.

If however you are looking for generic exercises, sparkpeople.com is a good place to get various exercise programmes per day that you can do at home without having to buy anything. You may need to use a stair, or a chair to aid - but generally that's about it. If you need to add weights, you can use cans or bottles of water.

Hope that helps! x
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    resistance bands and youtube! :smile: a set of bands you can get for pretty cheap (under $20)
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    the 9 week challange is awesome and my two year old LOVES doing it with me if he's up when I exercise. I normally exercise during his nap :)
  • misseecraig
    misseecraig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Personally I love Gunnar Peterson and his core secrets. Easy to follow and some of the workouts are all over body but only 20mins when time is not on your side but there are longer ones for a more intense workout.
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    I incorporate things like jogging in place and sit-ups into my cardio. Jumping rope is the best (although, that requires a jump rope). That’s not too expensive. It’s under ten dollars, I’d imagine. Otherwise, you can take a nice walk down the street if you don’t have a treadmill.
  • cloclopop
    Options
    Im sure that theres tonnes of exercises on the net..if you wanna go through staring at a computer for ages. Or you can just try a lot of simple exercises that incorporate your daily life. If your at home a lot and do a lot of the cleaning etc for example hanging out the washing: each time you pick up the clothes from the basket, bend your knees (dont use your back!), stick your butt out and your doing a squat! hanging the clothes up go to your tippy toes and your doing a calf raise! find a step in your house and time yourself steping up(leading with 1 foot, swap and start stepping up with the other). Fill 2 1litre bottles of water and punch out to the front, up to the ceiling etc. (progress by filling up with different things to make heavier eg sand) Lunges - take a big step forward with 1 leg, ensure back and front leg remains bent at a right angle, simply go down and up, swap legs. While watching TV: sit toward the edge of the lounge and raise 1 leg at a time (keep back straight!) after a few leg raises each side hold both legs up and time yourself, progress each time. I could go on forever! but i wont overload you! next time your at the shops or see a magazine stand, take a look at some of the health mags that offer great at home exercises etc. (oh and if you are going to the shops, park a bit further way! lol)Hope this helps!!
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Have fun, get creative and include your kids, it will create beautiful memories for them.

A friend's daughter, when she was between the ages of 5 and 6, used to act as my weights. She loved having me lift her in the air and she would count for me while I did a sort of two handed curl type lift. (I devised this move on my own, monitoring my body mechanics and balance so as not to hurt me or drop her- I was sitting while doing this). Also, chasing my goddaughters around, picking them up and twirling them upside down a few times was a great workout for me and great fun for them (they are too big to twirl around now). I have no idea how to count calories burned for a game of flip-your-opponent-upside-down-when-you-catch-them tag. You could put your two year old in a laundry basket and carry him around the house for a ride, some bonding time and extra excercise for you.

As a family, we used to go for long walks in the woods and meadows near where we lived and camped. I do this sometimes with my goddaughters.

My mom used to have us all work in the garden with her from as far back as I remember, teaching us to pull weeds, making us feel important as we hauled water and planted tomatoes. Gardening burns about 300 calories per hour and today, everytime I am in my garden,I feel my mom there, even though she died years ago.
    Also, up until I was 5 or so, my dad would put me in a seat on his bike made for little ones. I think now, they have tow behind things. When I was older, we rode our bikes together.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Do you have Comcast OnDemand? There are 10 minute exercise routines that actually do a pretty good job at getting your heart rate up and working problem areas. I absolutely love the 10 minute work outs!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Go on youtube and search Tabata. You burn calories and fat while doing 20 seconds of exercise full throttle with 10 seconds rest periods in between. You do it in 8 minute sets. I normally do 3 to 4 sets. If you search for tabata clock there is one online that you can use to time your sets.
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Have had a better day today exersice ways... Crap food day though becasue it is the last day of the school hols so took the boys to mcds for lunch :o( But I made a point of walking there and back (not very far though) and getting active on the playground with them instead of sitting watching, then came home and got into the garden too!

Feeling pretty good.

Also aranged to borrow a Zumba DVD off a friend to try so will grab that from her over the next few days :o)
  • emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lol I love how everyone suggests the Wii, when if you cannot afford a treadmill how would you afford a Wii. Try looking on youtube for free workouts, Kickboxing ones are always great. Also check out:
    Bodyrocker.tv, excellent workouts and new ones posted everyday.
    Exercisetv.tv is another free workout website.
    On both websites you can get workout which take less than 10mins.
    Try this one first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZGYXTdeuU
    using this interval timer: http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html
  • JVWard98
    JVWard98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking program is awesome~doesn't take any equipment except for maybe a stretchie band and some hand weights but not all of her walks require them. You can get them at Walmart, Meijer or Target etc or buy them online. I have a ton of her stuff and it really works. You choose how many miles you want to do and can mix them all up if you get bored.

Hope that helps = )