Fat people can do yoga

Options
The past few months I have really been into waking up meditate and do some yoga.
At first I felt like barney trying to do a cartwheel. But it feels so good once you get a hold of.

Expecially when you first wake up you relax your mind
Think about nothing but you you you..

If you dont do yoga
DO IT !

IJS

Replies

• Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    But it feels so good once you get a hold of it ..... finish that sentence of lol
  • kCalCrusher
    kCalCrusher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten in to this as well. I'm a little intimidated to do yoga classes other than "gentle" because I'm so inflexible. I keep pushing it though! Keep it up... it's so good for you!
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    JOINED! and yes girl... i love it i swear i always feel like a new person after. its amazing
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've been practicing yoga for a few months now. I feel the exact same way! My yoga instructor even complimented my improved form last week. That was pretty awesome!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    of course, it's called froyoga.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I tried yoga when I was like 230 or 250 pounds.

I tipped over. Just didn't have the balance. I'm going to try some tonight, though, so thanks for the encouraging post!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I tried yoga when I was like 230 or 250 pounds.

I tipped over. Just didn't have the balance. I'm going to try some tonight, though, so thanks for the encouraging post!!
    I used to do hot yoga, dear god, just trying to keep balance on a wet mat while trying to fly around like an airplane... lol.
  • evilqueencathy
    evilqueencathy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do yoga, but just watch the videos and practice with them. I am way too embarrassed to take a class. Maybe after losing some weight and gaining more balance.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Haha at first I had no balance either and i was at 400 pounds I looked absolutley restarted.
    Im now at 328 and still big but i have more of a balance with practice.

youtube for begginers.
    Its not that hard and you dont have to do all those weird stretche just go with your pace
    .. I dont do any huge weird moves. but i feel great after
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hot or bikram yoga is just punishment. There is no actual physiological sense to it. Just stupid but yoga in itself is wonderful. I don't do it because i don't want to have to drive 30 minutes for a class and i'm too lazy to do it at home.
  • Dezzie1180
    Dezzie1180 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like kundalini yoga with Ana and Brett Ravi. I haven't done it in a while, but I might pop the DVD in sometime this week.
  • Tilandra
    Options
    If you are afraid of taking an in-person class, or don't have an instructor within a reasonable distance, Xbox fitness has two Yoga classes and one Tai-chi class. They are reasonably priced or free if you have Xbox gold subscription, and you get feedback on your form in the comfort of your living room.

Personally I feel it is more work to get dressed up to go out to a class than it is to work out at home. The stress relief is worth the effort, no matter which you choose. :D
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to do a class and got so flexible and my balance improved and when the instructor left I asked if she could recommend a DVD and she told me about Shirva Rea and I got one of her DVDs that you can add in what parts you want. Unfortunately stopped doing it for a while and now find it so hard to keep up with, but have found a couple easier classes on the Fitness channel to get me back into it and its just great starting the day off with them.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love the stretching that yoga involves, but I have a phobia of the relaxation breathing bit after I had a panic attack doing it. I do Body Balance and Pilates, but just skip the relaxation section. I keep meaning to try a youtube video at home... but I spend so much time in the gym I rarely find the time. LOL