Struggling to meet intake goals...

Options
Hi there,
I have been using mfp for about a week now, and the calorie goal that it set automatically for me seems to be about double what I can comfortably consume in a day... I tried to up my intake and have GAINED a kilo... Absolutely the opposite of what I want. Should I just set a lower goal manually? I tried that today and it came up with a message saying "according to today's entry you may be eating too little, we suggest you increase your intake to at least 5021calories per day" I'm very confused as I don't feel hungry, in fact I feel full and satisfied at about 2500...

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    5000 cals?! what are your stats and what have you set MFP to?!
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathleen

I started out with the TDEE from here but after 2 weeks I realised it was wrong for me. Use this calculator and see how that works out for you. Ignore that it's for 5:2 - it's only a calculator. You can then manually change your TDEE here.

Also, make sure you have your activity level set correctly. I work full time and run round for the kids but I'm sedentary as I have a desk job and don't regularly play any sports.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

• reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You might want to double check that everything got entered correctly. Check pounds vs kilos, weight, all that. 5000 is insane!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    5000?? Woahhh and I thought I ate a lot! What are your stats? It sounds like you may have entered something incorrectly.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're eating 5000 calories and you only gained a kg? I would expect you to gain more like 3 kg in a week.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Something isn't lining up, here...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to go recheck your figures, something is NOT entered correctly.