Boobs!

Options
Hello ladies

I have started my weight loss journey and so far so good. My biggest problem and concern so far is that my breasts are not coping so well with the loss. I am not dropping weight that fast, about 1-1.5 per week and slowing down the speed as well. But my breasts have got a bit saggy since I started losing. I am 21 and I do not want to deal with this!! I am doing a lot of exercise (20 cardio + 30DS + 40 minutes walking daily) but that doesn't seem to make much difference.

Please, tell me anything you've got - your own experiences (good or bad), any exercise or nutrition tips, what kind of timescale for un-sagging I might be looking at, also surgical options (I love my size but considering a lift once I'm done losing).

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    What about specific exercise to build up breasts?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's the beauty of the game! But, chest exercises can help a slight bit :)
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's the beauty of the game! But, chest exercises can help a slight bit :)

It's a sad sad truth. The majority of flesh in your boobies is fat.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my boobs took a beating with my weight loss (60+ pounds) a few years ago. I had chalked it up to aging (I'm in my early 30's), but when I was being fitted for my wedding dress last summer, I learned (through my seamstress' blunt comments) that I had extra skin on my boobs, not just the other places I already knew about.

It happens. It sucks. But I still prefer saggy boobs to my former body.

-LP
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I've always been a big supporter of Breast...but if I were you or any female with that concern I would focus on strength / toning. You're only 21 so you sould be fine if you do toning.

Sorry to be a man dropping in on this but a lot of ladies don't do resistance training and that's a big mistake.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Push ups and chest flies can strengthen your pecs...but I wish there were a magic exercise!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've always been a big supporter of Breast...but if I were you or any female with that concern I would focus on strength / toning. You're only 21 so you sould be fine if you do toning.

Sorry to be a man dropping in on this but a lot of ladies don't do resistance training and that's a big mistake.
    I think when a guy like you drops in with suggestions it's always appreciated! So..thanks for jumpin in with something of value for us Girls FOR our Girls!:tongue::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smokin:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Victoria Secret
  • debadoo64
    Options
    love it! and congrats on your success so far!! :glasses:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Let me just say chest exercises 3 times a week haven't helped me a great deal.:sad:
  • lmadinger
    Options
    Push up!! they may not be fun but it has helped mine! and I have always had large boobs and have already lost weight before I joined and mine are maintaining pretty well with doing muscle building in that area
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't tone up your girls, just the underlying chest muscles. I dropped 2 cup sizes and without a good supporting bra for the little things, they are quite saggy. I would wait until you are to your goal. If it still bothers you, then go for the lift as a reward for all your hard work! I have a girlfriend who had that done & she couldn't be happier. Good luck!
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ditto upper body strength training. Tone your muscles and you can support your breasts better.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. I am only B cup so it's not like I have much fat in there, like it's not really extreme sagging just more than I would like. I will try to do more chest flies and other chest exercises suggested. I have got good bras and they look nice in clothes...but I know that secretly they are not all they seem to others!

Keep it coming :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I have nothing new to add... pushups, chest flies and Victoria Secret! Oh, and always wear a good sports bra.
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ...but I know that secretly they are not all they seem to others!

Be proud of how much weight you can lift and how many chest flies you can do - that really sounds awesome. One of the best things I ever learned was to appreciate my body for what it can do (instead of just how it looks.)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    ...but I know that secretly they are not all they seem to others!

Be proud of how much weight you can lift and how many chest flies you can do - that really sounds awesome. One of the best things I ever learned was to appreciate my body for what it can do (instead of just how it looks.)
    This is very sage advise - well put - gotta love yourself, and as Gaga says "baby you were made this way"
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    If any of our boobs were the way they seem to others, VS wouldn't be needed.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    runhide.gif
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Binary is here :bigsmile: