Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lower weight/smaller girls/ last few pounds?

Those of you who have already lost a lot and are nearing your end goal do you find it harder to shift those last few inches and pounds?

If you have overcome this how and what did you do?

I lost a lot and hit my goal weight over summer and have gained a little back and so am now finding shifting the last 7(ish)lbs and 2 inches (waist and thighs) is like impossible!

Any advice?

Thanks!

x

Replies

• mrihel6615
    mrihel6615 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm about half way through my journey, and have a bit more to lose than you (15 pounds)
    But I can say that it seems to be getting harder each week.
    I lost at least a pound a week for 8 weeks.
    Then now I've lost about a pound in 3 weeks.
    And I'm in an awkward point in losing.
    I hold most of my weight in my legs, hips and butt.
    And so I lost more body fat from there than anywhere.
    So my legs are looking better and stomach has barely shifted at all.
    But I also have realized that when I eat more than I have been I seem to lose the weight faster than I was before. (Switched from around 11-1200 calories to probably 1400)
    Maybe give that a shot for a few days!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    It gets difficult. You have to be very diligent with your intake. Being relatively light already, it's harder to create a deficit.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    It gets difficult. You have to be very diligent with your intake. Being relatively light already, it's harder to create a deficit.

Agreed.

You'll have less wiggle room, so adherence and accuracy logging becomes much more important. Progress will slow, so patience is even more important.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I used to not believe in set points, but at maintenance I can eat nothing or over eat and I will stay the same. Eventually overeating adds pounds (although I never understand why the reverse is not true). I'm working on getting back to my goal weight and eating 1500kcal a day even though I usually have an extra 1000 from activity. I don't think that will speed up my loss though.
  • ChescasFeather
    ChescasFeather Posts: 27 Member
    mrihel6615 wrote: »
    I'm about half way through my journey, and have a bit more to lose than you (15 pounds)
    But I can say that it seems to be getting harder each week.
    I lost at least a pound a week for 8 weeks.
    Then now I've lost about a pound in 3 weeks.
    And I'm in an awkward point in losing.
    I hold most of my weight in my legs, hips and butt.
    And so I lost more body fat from there than anywhere.
    So my legs are looking better and stomach has barely shifted at all.
    But I also have realized that when I eat more than I have been I seem to lose the weight faster than I was before. (Switched from around 11-1200 calories to probably 1400)
    Maybe give that a shot for a few days!

I read up about increasing calorie intake for a while to try and break a plateau...unfortunately in my case it lead to this weight gain!
    It is getting increasingly frustrating and demotivating.
    My main problem areas are stomach and especially thighs and so from further reading I think I will try creating a calorie deficit again and increase my cardio for fat lose and strength training to tone my problem areas so they look less wobbly!
    Good luck with your weight loss though keep up the good work and le tme know how you are getting on!

x
  • ChescasFeather
    jacksonpt wrote: »

Agreed.

You'll have less wiggle room, so adherence and accuracy logging becomes much more important. Progress will slow, so patience is even more important.

Thanks a lot everyone for replies.

I think I will have to focus on a calorie deficit and also work A LOT harder on avoiding temptations and making smarter choices as looking at my diary recently my intake has been sporadic and I can see I have not always been making healthy decisions.

I will focus on weighing my food and increasing my exercise and hopefully start seeing a difference!

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Sounds like you should look into a heavy lifting program, not add more cardio.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    jacksonpt wrote: »

Agreed.

Thanks a lot everyone for replies.

I think I will have to focus on a calorie deficit and also work A LOT harder on avoiding temptations and making smarter choices as looking at my diary recently my intake has been sporadic and I can see I have not always been making healthy decisions.

I will focus on weighing my food and increasing my exercise and hopefully start seeing a difference!

I'm in the same situation as you are. I actually did get down to where I thought I wanted to be a few years ago. I found that impossible to sustain without being horribly uncomfortably hungry all the time. However, I then gained back 5 pounds, I would have preferred only a couple.

So, I struggle with those last few pounds and have recently decided to redouble my efforts and am back to weighing and counting everything and trying to refine my diet to be more healthful. In spite of the weight loss, my cholesterol and blood sugar continue to creep up. They are not in the trouble zone quite yet, but I would like to get the jump on them before they are. Also, I am almost 65, so it isn't going to get any easier, ever.

It is just a matter of putting the work in, but that is a simple statement that is hard to fulfill.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    You should be set at losing half a pound per week. This means your deficit is 250 per day. You can easily make a mistake and forget to log that cookie or with inaccurate measuring throughout the day wipe out your deficit.

So, yeah, tighten up your logging, and maybe add in an extra half hour of moving if you can manage it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Sounds like you should look into a heavy lifting program, not add more cardio.

agreed.

deksgrl wrote: »
    You should be set at losing half a pound per week. This means your deficit is 250 per day. You can easily make a mistake and forget to log that cookie or with inaccurate measuring throughout the day wipe out your deficit.

So, yeah, tighten up your logging, and maybe add in an extra half hour of moving if you can manage it.

also agreed, especially the bolded part.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    edited October 2014
    yes I do.I have 10 pounds left to lose and i only lost 0.5 for this month. When I started using this program, the weight melted off but now I am stuck.

For me I decided not to eat all my exercise calories back.maybe only eat half of them. I used to eat all of them back and I still lost weight.Now I have to be more strict and diligent
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    As others said, the deficit is smaller, with less room for error. You also need to take into account that your weight fluctuates normally about 5 lbs throughout day, which would easily mask a 0.5 lb loss. Better to go by the measuring tape and body composition when you get to the last few pounds.
  • ChescasFeather
    Thanks everyone!
    Deffo gonna keep at it.
    Making healthier choices and getting my but to that gym!
    My BF is really into weight training and so he's set me up a weight routine so I'll start adding that to my gym routine!
    Gonna start straight away Im in my gym gear and ready to go!