How do you like to burn calories, without going out of your way?

Options
1992mittens13
1992mittens13 Posts: 65 Member
Mine, is cleaning.
I never realized just how much you can burn my cleaning..

Cleaning obsession, here I come LOL.

:)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sex
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Beaten to it :smile:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Shoveling show - I actually enjoy it!

OP, just a warning, be careful about eating back all the calories MFP gives you for cleaning (or any other activity for that matter) as many listings in the exercise database tend to overestimate.
  • 1992mittens13
    Options
    I don't tend to eat back calories, not unless I've done a gym workout or something. I don't trust mfp's calories totally :P :) I more so log to see my exercise habits, It does burn some calories, and I work up a sweat!
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    Options
    This always confuses me. I never logg cleaning, as this is something I do daily and should be part of my over BMR, correct?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    yard work...and breathing.
  • 1992mittens13
    Options
    Tiki1978 wrote: »
    This always confuses me. I never logg cleaning, as this is something I do daily and should be part of my over BMR, correct?

If it's something you do all the time.
    I keep tidy, but I honestly don't mop, scrub floors, wipe walls, ect. every day. That's a once a week thing, so I wouldn't think it would in my BMR.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    Dancing around the house :smile:
  • 1992mittens13
    Options
    This is my favorite in the entire world:

Music playing, guitar, rock/roll band(standing)

Because I'm bouncing around, singing, and generally moving all the time while I'm playing, for 3 hours of "work", I burn around 780 calories. I've tested this a few times and that is pretty damn close. So, for having fun, I burn as many calories as when I work out. It's usually too damn late to eat all those back by the time I'm done playing. However, I do enjoy a little something afterwards. It literally rocks!

That's awesome! Best part is that you're doing it for fun, and it doesn't feel like a forced activity! Some people absolutely love working out, and some don't, no matter their size. so it's great to find activities that are healthy, and also enjoyable!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite in the entire world:

Music playing, guitar, rock/roll band(standing)

Because I'm bouncing around, singing, and generally moving all the time while I'm playing, for 3 hours of "work", I burn around 780 calories. I've tested this a few times and that is pretty damn close. So, for having fun, I burn as many calories as when I work out. It's usually too damn late to eat all those back by the time I'm done playing. However, I do enjoy a little something afterwards. It literally rocks!

I read you can burn calories if you figit, so I do that as much as possible. ;-) Also, counting as that, I think, is the practice Zumba I do while waiting in line, the elevator, etc. I see it fills in the otherwise inactive times during the day.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Salsa Dancing
    Or dancing in general to be honest. Yes I am that girl that you see on the dancefloor looking like an idiot :P but I don't care. I love it :) xx
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Non exercise activity adds up more than an actual workout! Basically anything I do on my feet is a plus!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I keep tidy, but I honestly don't mop, scrub floors, wipe walls, ect. every day. That's a once a week thing, so I wouldn't think it would in my BMR.

Yes, it's in your overall weekly average. I deep cleaned my house like that weekly when I was fat and I don't clean any harder now, so I try not to fool myself. I would only be setting myself up for failure.

• 1992mittens13
    Options

Yes, it's in your overall weekly average. I deep cleaned my house like that weekly when I was fat and I don't clean any harder now, so I try not to fool myself. I would only be setting myself up for failure.

... That's great you don't fool yourself..

But being me, who really only recently had to start doing it on my own as I now live alone for the first time, it's not something I am use to doing by any means.. :)

So, yes, eventually it will probably not be as effective, but I would be silly to think it's not more than I use to do at this point.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sex burns off alot of calories.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I walk around when I'm on the phone.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I eat extra fasterer. Eating faster boosts your metablizm.
  • 1992mittens13
    Options
    I walk around when I'm on the phone.

Lol. Had to laugh at this one. I do this all the time. It drives my wife crazy.

haha, such a habit for me too! I feel like if im not walking around, im doing something wrong! LOL the convenience of our cell phones and cordless phones!