How often do you weigh in/take your measurements?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and put it in this app "happy scale" - it trends weights so can help keep fluctuations in perspective while giving me daily feedback which I really like. Every Thursday I take the app's predicted weight and put in MFP..... Measurements - every few months I guess, not so regular. I also have a bikini I try on every two or three weeks for a visual progress log. :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Weigh bi-weekly, measure never.

Just going off how I look, rather than how much I weigh or how thin my body parts are.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I try not concern myself with daily weights much. I average my daily weights by week and then use the weekly average as my guide as to what's actually going on. I have a Google Docs spreadsheet set up to record daily weights and then show me average weekly weight and a trend graph of the weekly average. I get up, hit the restroom, then weigh myself and log the value into my spreadsheet via my phone.

I measure sporadically. I need to get better about doing that on some sort of schedule.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Weigh weekly. Measure monthly.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I weigh every 5+ weeks to not get too obsessed. I measure more often, maybe every few weeks, especially if I'm feeling concerned. It's a good headcheck - and as someone who lifts, I feel it's more accurate of if I'm doing good or bad because weight increase is most likely muscle if my measurements are the same.
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly sometimes bi-weekly. I used to be a 'slave to the scale' and battled ED in college so now I just weigh myself on occasion rather than daily. I measure monthly. I like measurements more than the scale, anyways. I like being able to see the numbers decrease as I go down a size or two in clothing, too. But I try not to get too tied up in numbers. :)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I weigh in when it feels like I've changed - I can sort of tell when I've lost or gained. Measurements once a month.
  • KaitJennifer
    KaitJennifer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to only weigh weekly...but I work hard and am usually excited to see the number on the scale, so I can't help but to weigh daily. And this way if I have a bad day I can be right on top of the fluctuations with the numbers as well and nip it in the bud before it climbs higher.
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, its taken me a long time not to get too wound up by the numbers though but I've found that I fluctuate a lot. For example yesterday I weighed 78.9kg, I did a gym session which I'm paying for in DOMs today and this morning I weigh 80.4kg. Now I ate very little yesterday as I'm not feeling great so there is no way its a real weight gain but if I hadn't weighed yesterday morning I would have missed the 'low' weight and felt down today.
    I measure about 4-6 weeks
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For 13 months I weighed every single day.... measurements at least every 2 weeks or so.. Then Friday I came to Texas to visit my hubby for a week and purposely left my scales and measuring tape at home!! It's still a long time until Saturday morning!!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Depends.

On a cut, weekly I weigh after the last workout in my weekly training cycle and pull of the skin fold calipers and get reading of that too.

On a bulk, at the end of that period (6 to 8 weeks), including measurements of key metrics, i.e. biceps, chest, thighs, chest. I'll weigh myself at the end of that period too, but it is not a metric I worry about to much.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    jenny3008 wrote: »
    I weigh daily, its taken me a long time not to get too wound up by the numbers though but I've found that I fluctuate a lot. For example yesterday I weighed 78.9kg, I did a gym session which I'm paying for in DOMs today and this morning I weigh 80.4kg. Now I ate very little yesterday as I'm not feeling great so there is no way its a real weight gain but if I hadn't weighed yesterday morning I would have missed the 'low' weight and felt down today.
    Its probably water retention from DOMs
  • ChescasFeather
    ChescasFeather Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone for all the replies. I have been weighing everyday and measuring every other day for quite some time now and at the beginning of my weight loss journey seeing positive changes nearly every day-every other day was so motivating but recently I've hit such a plateau and actually some days seeing up to 4lbs increase in weight (most likely sodium/bloating etc) is so upsetting.

I might try weighing every 3 days and only measuring once a week so I feel Im working towards something throughout the week....?

Thanks again!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log losses on MFP. My daily weights go into an app that tracks the trendline.

I measure alot less frequently, perhaps every 3 to 4 weeks and I didn't even start measuring at all until I had already lost 60+ lbs.
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jenny3008 wrote: »
    Its probably water retention from DOMs
    Yes I think it probably is I'm not to fussed by the 'gain' I've learnt over the last couple of years that as long as the trend is in the right direction not to worry too much. But everyone likes to see the number drop by a 'reasonable' number when they are working hard :smiley: