Too Darn Sore

Options
I am just too darn sore between exercises. I am only doing 25 minutes of calisthenics and running on an indoor trampoline for 10 minutes.
Anybody want to talk about the best ways or supplements to speed recovery.

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I take magnesium daily and I find it helpful to soak in a bathtub full of epsom salts. You can also rub arnica gel or salve into your sore muscles. It doesn't smell to high heaven like Ben-Gay and similar liniments. Make sure you take a day off between workout days so that your muscles can recover and build up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    make sure you're stretching afterwards and eating enough protein.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I think that if you keep a daily routine it actually helps a lot. When I did my basic training we were all suprised that none of us was ever sore despite doing a lot of unusual activities. It seemed that being constantly on the go prevented soreness. Unfortunately, DOMS is not a very well researched topic.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Keep using the muscles, don't let them tighten up. In time your body will adjust and you won't get as sore as often.
  • mariannejj108
    Options
    I think on my worst days I have had serious issues getting out of bed, and did fall in a staircase once because my legs just gave away! I have found that the best way for me to handle these days is a lot doing really light things like taking a walk, a slow bike ride and after a while your muscles will warm up and after that do light stretching. It will help with the pain and feels awesome. Good luck. :)